Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95B and HW-K960/XE Atmos

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 09:41 PM)
supernova0382
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I just bought S95B, mainly for atmos, and I already had HW-K960/XE Atmos soundbar. I was expecting to get atmos directly from Netflix and other media apps from the TV but so far I am not successful in making it work. There is no blue light indicating atmos is working. I have selected all the settings Samsung expects to have before atmos. Any idea what I am missing? 

Edit: I should mention that HW-K960 is equivalent to HW-k950. It's just a different name in the EU. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
supernova0382
Apprentice
Options

I got Atmos, from every media app including Netflix, through Chromecast when I plugged it in HW-K960.  So, that is definitely S95B which is not sending the atmos to the soundbar. Considering HW-K96 is also Samsung's soundbar, it's pretty poor performance by Samsung. 

0 Likes
supernova0382
Apprentice
Options

So, I have got another problem with another Samsung product. After giving up on the Atmos from the TV, I now have issues with the Samsung UBD-M9500 4k player. I can get the picture from the 4k player, but whenever I change the soundbar to play the sound from the 4k player, I get the sound, but then the screen turns blue. I have tried changing the cable and tried HDMI 2.1 but so far nothing fixed it. It seems like Samsung doesn't care about making its old devices works properly with the new one which is bad. 

I think it's time to move on from the Samsung echo system. I have their expensive cellphone, soundbar, TV, and 4k player, but they don't work with each other without any issues. I am not expecting any solution from here as I didn't get any for my previous problem, but I am just posting it here to warn people that stay away from Samsung.

0.jpg

0 Likes