Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Region settings

(Topic created on: 16-01-2019 06:28 PM)
madwire
Apprentice
Options

Anybody any ideas as to why my new samsung 55in always asks me for region settings every time its turned on ? i have to input the same details each time which is quite annoying,

many thanks in advance ,

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Kevuk
First Poster
Options

This happens when you have the auto tune option set (settings , broadcast, autotune). TV will retune itself, usually in the middle of the night, and then requires confirmation of which region you are in when you turn it on the next day. If you disable the auto tune the problem will go away, but then of course you dont have the benefit of automatically finding any new chanels which may get added in the future.

madwire
Apprentice
Options
Thanks mate I shall have a try
0 Likes
magor226
Apprentice
Options
Hello mate,

Having the same issue with my new TV. Did disabling auto tune sort the issue out?

Regards,

Michael
0 Likes
Solution
Stoddy
Apprentice
Options

Hi Michael,

To be honest, in the end, I did nothing and one day it stopped asking for the region.  I assumed that the firmware must have been updated as I didn’t make any changes.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Cheers

John

0 Likes
madwire
Apprentice
Options

Yes mate all sorted now 

0 Likes
magor226
Apprentice
Options
Great thanks...simple fix really.

I mentioned it to the Samsung "expert" in Currys, when i was last in, and he suggested that if the system didnt need updating then to bring the TV in and change it!

Glad I checked on here first.

Thanks again,

Michael