Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95B Neo QLED has weird curved shadow up the middle of the screen

(Topic created on: 18-10-2023 10:30 AM)
silentbazz
First Poster
Options

Our six month old QN95B Neo QLED has developed a fault.
A curved shadow has started appearing vertically, basically separating the two halves of the screen.
It's only visible when the the screen is showing mostly uniform colour or brightness (for example when the background of a scene is a flat white wall, although it is also visible on title cards and menus where the colour and brightness is consistent).
No damage has occurred to the television
Slightly annoyed as Samsung are only going to whisk it away and leave us TV-less for a week, which is disappointing after-sales service for such an expensive TV purchased only six months ago.
It's proving tricky to get a good photo of what's happening, but has anyone seen anything like this before?PXL_20231017_123057867.jpgPXL_20231017_123457446.jpgPXL_20231017_123418010.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JoeJelly
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue on my screen and have now booked in for a replacement (apparently according to the lady on the phone). My 1 year warranty runs out soon and its the 85 inch version so I'm unsure what the process is going to be! Did your screen end up being replaced / fixed?

0 Likes
silentbazz
First Poster
Options

Hiya,

The television went off for a fortnight and apparently the screen was replaced. Initially all was fine but then the issue started to come back again. So it's now been taken away for a repair again. Am not confident that they will resolve the issue however.

Hope you have better luck than me.

0 Likes
JoeJelly
First Poster
Options

Thanks! That's handy to know, mine has had the issue since February when i got it, which i just assumed was bad DSE but its gotten a lot worse over the last couple of months. Its really distracting now!

IMG_0049.jpg

0 Likes