Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A problem with local dimming in game mode

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 09:04 AM)
Lex8989
Pioneer
Options

Hello community,

I have a 65" QN95A and in game mode there is this really weird issue with the local dimming. Basically when local dimming is set to standard or high colors and icons tend to wash out and almost completely lose color depending on the background displayed. Another example is subtitles in games: when they should be completely white they very often turn dim/greyish. Sometimes it's just a part of the subtitles displayed and sometimes it affects the whole subtitles displayed. Also fonts and options present in the Playstation 5 dashboard lose vibrance and luminance as well as colors because of this local dimming issue. There are a lot of people pointing out these issues on online forums as well. Is it possible to verify this issue and fix it through an update?  Only fix I found is to set local dimming to low but brightness and picture quality get a lot worse. 

I'm on the latest firmware 1903 and already tried several factory resets of the TV. 

Here are some pictures that show the problem: the first picture shows the green dot with the local dimming problem. It's really pale and almost lost the entire color. The second picture is how it should look like.

dash auto.jpg

dash native.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

We all need game mode WITH local dimming standard and high with correctly colors. Yes, Samsung overbright mid tones and it is way too bright ootb, but u can adjust it (look AVS forums). 

But, yeah... for now LD Low is the only way for a stable gaming on these Mini LED  Samsung TVs, specially QN90A.

0 Likes
dano83
First Poster
Options
I've got issues with my qn95a on game mode led clear motion, it's a bit blurred and flickers once or twice on game mode, i hope they sort it or il be buying a sony bravia!
0 Likes
QixAce
First Poster
Options

Put contrast at 38 fixes the problem.

0 Likes
ZBOgaming
Voyager
Options

No. The problem is also with SDR there with LD Standard and High. No matter which contrast value. Also in HDR the discoloration stays. You have to look for different scenes. It only changes when the processing starts.

0 Likes
Steelx
Student
Options

I'm so pissed I just got a qn90c and my Panasonic that was harf the price works better for gameing yes the new TV has vrr ALLM game mode low input lag 120hz but what kills it all is local diming in game mode the pitcher should not be getting darker in games I turn the local diming down to low and now the pitcher has just lost its pop and dull it's a 2000 pound TV like what the fu**k not cool gameing mode is ment to turn all these stupid features off that are no good for gaming. It looks like I'll be returning it and going back to my trusty panasonic and just get a gaming PC instead and a gaming monitor. It seems TVs can't even get it right these days

0 Likes