Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A black screen with Virgin V6 box

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 11:54 AM)
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Just installed a 75" QN95A television. 

When I attempt to view content from my Virgin V6 box, I get sound, but a black screen,  Menus all work perfectly but getting a picture from live tv, catch up or recordings is impossible.  When using the tv's smart functionality to access content from the internet (such as Netflix) everything works perfectly.  Software on the tv and the Virgin box is all up to date and HDMI ports and cables are all working as expected.

Any idea on what's going wrong?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to get hold of another 4K TV that I can connect the box to. In the interim I connected the Samsung to a V6 box that resides in my bedroom and it made no difference. 

As HDMI, I have connected multiple high quality cables to every port on the TV. It made no difference. 

I've not tried your input signal plus tip, but will try it now. 

0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Input signal plus had no effect. 

0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Update......

Yesterday my son took my V6 box and connected it to his LG 4K TV. It worked fine. He then brought his box to my house and my TV still only generated sound and all the menus but no picture. We then connected each box to another TV and everything was fine. 

Consequently I have now concluded the Samsung TV must be faulty. 

0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Just had a new TV delivered. The John Lewis delivery people said this is the third replacement they've had recently for a Samsung with "my" blank picture problem. 

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I've had a similar issue with a new QN94A (QN90A series) - with both a Virgin V6 box and a BT (Humax) YouView  box. On the first occasion I swapped two HDMI connections around, moving the HDMI cable from the BT box to a different input.  The TV went through the connection setup routine again and seems to have settled down now - I suspect it's to do with 'Intelligent Mode/Adaptive Picture' - try turning Intelligent mode off - or of course swapping HDMI inputs as I did.

0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

John Lewis delivered a replacement TV.  It now shows Virgin TV.  I didn't change any of the TV settings or the HDMI cables.  So the original TV _ specifically the One Connect box - must have been faulty.  

I still have a pink tint to pictures from my DVD player, but I suspect this may well be because the player is almost 20 years old and incompatible with the new TV. 

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Good to hear you've got it resolved. JL do provide a good service.

Our previous TV had a One Connect box, with fibre optic to TV - always got very hot - they don't enjoy a good reputation - Our new TV has the connections on the rear of the panel which I now prefer - but it does depend how you mount the TV

0 Likes
Kempo69
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately you are not on your own, I have lived with this headache for nearly 2 years , Virgin Media and Samsung 4K TV. 50% of the time we get menus and a black screen and sound, Ive had Virgin out several times and they cannot fix, they charged me £25 last time and blame Samsung. I have had an on screen chat with a Samsung agent who was able to control my TV and change settings. Both Companies blame each other, all HDMI leads are good. Thank Goodness for my Firestick 

0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Based on my experience, and what the John Lewis delivery/installation people told me, I'd bet my house on the TV being at fault

It took one hell of a process of elimination to prove it, but I got there in the end. 

0 Likes