Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55S90 with HW-S800B - sound cutting out

(Topic created on: a month ago)
BrizzleRocker
Explorer
Options

I bought a new TV and Soundbar that was delivered in December. I found some previous posts that said to avoid connecting them with wireless and use a cable which I've duly done. Sound is good for the most part but watching Dune on Netflix last night it was cutting out, very noticeably, every 5 to 10 minutes.

I did try Live TV and swapping cables but with no luck.

This is a massive disappointment considering how much I spent and how these systems are supposed to be compatible.

Any thoughts before I return the whole lot and buy a Sony?

14 REPLIES 14
BrizzleRocker
Explorer
Options

I've been on to Support and the official line is...

Thank you for patiently waiting on the line, Brizzle. Upon thorough checking here, there's currently under investigation as it happened after updating the TV's software to 1402. Apologies for the inconvenience that you're dealing with, but our engineers are doing their best to get a resolution with this.

We'll update you as soon as we have the answer how to rectify this, so you can use the Soundbar again with no issues.

So I'm going to hurry up and wait with a nice cuppa whilst browsing the Sony website...

0 Likes
Cirrus_F
Student
Options
Suffering same issue which wasn't there until recently. Guessed a recent software update was the cause. Will raise with support to add pressure for a fix.
0 Likes
DB987
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with the same products. Did you get anywhere? 

0 Likes
BrizzleRocker
Explorer
Options

I've heard nothing back. I wasn't asked if I wanted to raise a support case or anything, presumably because it's a known issue. If it's not updated or fixed by the end of April then I'll be sending it back claiming that it's not fit for purpose. Contact support would be the best advice I can give right now. The more people that complain might trigger some internal escalation.

AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

Each Support Team in each country acts individual. There's no international supervising group over them. So even if few people in each country will complain, they won't take it into account such problems. Samsung needs to give an opportunity for customers to reach centralized support. I'm not even saying that as a non-native speaker in my country I can't get support in English in the place i live. 

0 Likes
Philips92
First Poster
Options
We are also having the same issue with a S95C TV connected to the S800B soundbar. Have noticed the sound cutting out when using the built in apps but so far no issues with HDMI connection. Is there any update on a fix for this?
bati
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue with my QE7790CATXXH connected with Yamaha Rx-V483.

Sounds cuts randomly once using HDMI and Dolby Digital Plus.

It started with new firmware upgrade. I have this TV over 6 months and it worked Perfect until now.

AbhiGalaxy
First Poster
Options
Faced the same issue on the combination of S90+S800B since the firmware update. Please do share if you get a resolution or update from Samsung.
Ahhmrlee
First Poster
Options

I’m having the exact same issue with an S95C and S800B. The sound cuts out intermittently when watching anything on the TVs built in apps. Sky box, PS5  etc are all fine. Been like it since the update