Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:31 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Masq
Navigator
Options

Yeah, my confidence in Samsung has gone out the window. The reboot issue is absurd.

i only bought this TV over a different brand because of FreeSync, and it doesn’t work. I had to go through 2 other panels when I initially bought the TV just to find one that wasn’t absolute trash. The 3rd exchange still wasn’t great, Samsung ended up replacing the panel with a new one (took 2 months of me insisting that I wouldn’t settle for a refurb). The 4th panel still isn’t perfect, nor is it really acceptable for a “premium” TV, but it’s much much better than the previous ones.

i also have a Sony X900F. I have been using that as my main gaming TV. It doesn’t have ANY of the horrid dirty screen effect that plagued my 4 Q8FNs, it also doesn’t have any issues with resetting.

shame really, cuz in a vacuum the Q8FN does have a better picture than the Sony. 

I really don’t understand why DSE is still such a problem with Samsung TVs. My Sony X900F has none of these issues when viewing the same content.

im about done with Samsung tbh.

n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm this still occurs with firmware 1270 on a NU8000.  Reboots with SmartTV logo with FreeSync on randomly, but almost assuredly within an hour or two.  Stays on for 18 hours with FreeSync off.

BogD
Explorer
Options

I just had a reboot in VLC, while watching some videos. Freesync is not active in VLC (obviously), so the refresh rate is locked at 120hz.

So freesync being turned on in drivers & tv, but not actually active can also cause reboots.

I'm wondering if being in desktop mode (no fullscreen application) can also cause reboots. This does seem somewhat likely. Might test later.

0 Likes
Le_Chuck
Journeyman
Options

I have had my tv reboot while playing Xbox One S and RDR2 with freesync enabled.

TV will reboot, Samsung logo appear and then it says my samsung account has connected.

TV is up to date firmware as is the Xbox One S

Jut as a note, both the Xbox S and X have freesync

Details:

• QE65Q7FNAT
  • Xbox One S
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
AlexDen
Student
Options

Q6fn55

Xbox one x

Freesync on

Gears 5

TV rebooted after 5 mins of playing. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Masq
Navigator
Options

I don’t even bother with FreeSync anymore. Samsung broke it with one of the updates a few months back, who know if it will ever get fixed. It causes reboots everytime I use it. Sometimes after 10mins, sometimes after any hour... but it always eventually crashes.

tia a shame. FreeSync was the only reason I chose the Q8FN over competing brands 

EStag23
Journeyman
Options

Same issues with me. I have a tech coming next week to look at the issue. I'm curious what they are going try in person to fix this.

n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options

I had my board replaced and it still does this on the latest firmware, so prognosis isn't good on them resolving your issue, I'm sorry to say.

0 Likes
Mikymi
Journeyman
Options
Same to me reboot random, with my xbox one x , with ps4 pro never happened! Quite sure is a FreeSync the cause. they should fix it asap cause i bought this tv just for this feature. Please samsung fix the firmware!
Simonzo
Journeyman
Options

Same for me q7fn,xbox one x,battlefield 5.