Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN random reboot

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 09:31 PM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

Hi, new to the forum.

My 4 month old 2018 Q9FN has started doing quick random reboots the last few days. It suddenly qoes black, displays the Samsung logo and then is back to the same input - takes about 3-4 seconds.  So far it has only done so while using my Xbox One X (which is annoying), but at random times - 1 time each evening. I've reattached all HDMI cables and the One Connect cable, and setup all inputs from scratch. I have not done a full reset yet, although I guess that's the next step. I'm on the latest firmware.

Anyone experienced the same? Is this the fist sign of a faulty One connect box?

353 REPLIES 353
Hanslanda
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue after firmware update on a UE55NU8070.

Win 10 pc 

Playing, elder Scrolls online, football manager, the division 2 and a few more

0 Likes
MS67
First Poster
Options
Hello ,i have exactely the same problem with my Q9fn65" by using the Xbox One X .
0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Good luck. Samsung hasn’t responded in over a month. I doubt they’re even looking at a fix any more (even though this wasn’t a problem with earlier firmwares, so they obviously did something to introduce the issue).

RockStar360
Journeyman
Options

What the f*** is this? Im from Spain. Today i have a random reboot, like yesterdar, playing whit an XBOX X and freesync activated. I see this is a problem of MONTHS and no have a souliton yet? I buy a tv (3000€) and no support? This is a JOKE SAMSUNG?

Jaca24j
Explorer
Options
I suggest spamming the Samsung profile on Facebook and sow anti-advertising. The problem has been around since May and Samsung is a mess.
n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options

Reporting the same issue ongoing after two motherboard replacements on my NU8000 by a licensed Samsung technician.  This seems to be an issue on their 2018 models from what I gather.  I am going to press replacement with a 2019 model soon, and if they fail me there my business with this company is forever done.   This TV does NOT justify the pricetag without this feature.  I bought an AMD graphics card along with this TV expressly for it and these random reboots are profoundly disappointing.  TO ANYONE READING THIS: DO NOT BUY A 2018 SAMSUNG TV FOR FREESYNC UNTIL THEY SPECIFICALLY RELEASE A FIRMWARE CORRECTING FREESYNC STABILITY AND USERS CONFIRM THIS.

BogD
Explorer
Options

@TracyR It's been more than a month, is the TV team even looking into it? We would greatly appreciate a fix. Again, the firmwares older than May did not have this issue, so a rollback to an older firmware version or a slightly modified version of any firmware older than may should be a quick fix.

n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options
If someone could provide firmware mods or god forbid, maybe a Samsung engineer could quickly whip an older one up for us that the TV will allow, that would be amazing.
n1ghttrap
Journeyman
Options
A recommendation for those looking for an affordable variable refresh rate solution for big screen TVs:

https://hdguru.com/lg-to-add-nvidia-g-sync-support-to-c9-e9-oled-tvs/

If Samsung doesn't give me satisfaction soon I'll likely go this route and sell this lemon to someone who doesn't need FreeSync at a loss. What a ride this has been.
Masq
Navigator
Options

I had to go through multiple Q8FNs before getting an “acceptable” one. My current one still has bad dirty screen effect, but at least it isn’t completely unusable like my previous ones, which had ridiculously bad vertical bands. I have no faith in Samsung. I won’t be buying another one of their TVs.

I bought my Q8FN to be my entertainment center TV, mainly for gaming. But since FreeSync doesn’t even work, and it still has DSE, I have put it in a back room and have a Sony X900F in my living room / gaming setup. The Sony isn’t as good if we’re comparing in a vacuum, but it doesn’t have any of the DSE issues and games/movies look great. 

TIRED OF FIGHTING THE THE Q8FN 

0 Likes