Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q95T turns on my PS4

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 07:11 PM)
Rtype
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I've just bought the 'flagship' QE65Q95T and I'm really impressed with the picture quality.

The problem I'm having is that every time I turn it on, it also turns on my PS4.

I have the TV going through a Denon reciever, which also has a 5.1 home cinema system, PS4 and Tivo going through it, I previously had an 8yr old samsung tv and had absolutely no issues like this.
I spoke to Samsung UK and they were useless, they basically told me my TV was faulty and I should return it (samsung live chat). I then called the helpline and was told that I either accepth that my PS4 will turn on each time, or I disable the 'Anynet+' function which also diasbles the home cinema sound!!

I cannot be the first person with this issue, PLEASE help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The helpline offered the correct advice. You wouldn't have had the problem with the old TV is it did not have this tech .I have a similar problem but not with an Xbox
0 Likes
Rtype
First Poster
Options

So you are saying the TV is faulty (which is what samsung said)?

Or are you saying I didn't have this issue before because the TV didn't have the same newer tech (which is what I think is the case)?

0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
is your ps4 connected via hdmi 2 input,?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I agreed with the helpline which said it was something you would have to put up with. I have the same problem so I disabled HDMI-CEC on the device triggering the TV. Some times electronics can be too clever.
0 Likes
Rtype
First Poster
Options

The PS4 is connected to the Receiver via the gaming port, the TV plugs into the receiver, I never had any problems with the exact same set up on my old samsung tv.

I've noticed that the tv turns on the PS4 even if the receiver is turned off.

0 Likes
Rtype
First Poster
Options

And by doing this, I would not have a surround sound system. That simply is not a solution, especially for what is supposed to be a flagship TV!

I cannot believe in this day and age that a supposed top of the range tv has gone backwards in technology, and this must be a common problem.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why wouldn't you have surround sound? Disabling HDMI CIC makes no difference to connections, just use the device's own remote.
0 Likes
Rtype
First Poster
Options

Because as soon as I disable the HDMI CIC it reverts all sound back to the TV speakers, if you know how to return it back to the home cinema speakers then please do tell me as samsung had no idea.
The live chat suggested this but then said I had a faulty TV when I told them of the results, but the helpline said I would have to accept it or get a refund.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you humme and try Open your PS4 Settings.Scroll all the way down, click on System.Disable the HDMI Device Link option.
0 Likes