Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T scan lines

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 03:57 PM)
Cal
Explorer
Options

Anybody have any luck with Samsung or sorting the scan line issue that's appearing on the Q80T and Q90t when game motion plus is off, after speaking to many people at Samsung and having an engineer sent out there still saying it's an issue with the Ps5 and the TV is up to spec so won't do anything, this is even after explaining it's the same on the new Xbox and PS4.

21 REPLIES 21
Cal
Explorer
Options

You might not have noticed but you can't currently run anything 4k/120 HDR ..

That isn't a problem with the TV that is the console but Sony have said there will be an update to fix that issue very soon, some reports even say this month.

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Yeah I did notice that HDR turns off when in 120hz games. Hopefully the update will fix the scanlines issue as well but I'm still more inclined to say that it's an issue with the TV rather than the PS5. So frustrating. 

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

Any luck with the engineer ?

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Nope. He reset the TV, had a mess with the settings and stood looking confused for about 10 minutes. Called his colleague and asked him if he'd ever seen the issue. They both said they'd never seen it before. I suggested to him that it seems to be a firmware issue from my own experience and he said that it's a possibility. He's going to refer it back to Samsung and see if they're aware of the issue and if it'll be fixed in a future firmware update. It's a waiting game now but I'm returning the TV if I don't hear back soon. 

0 Likes
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Engineer coming out on the 19th to apply a firmware update. Guy in another thread says he has been told a firmware update is due in the next 2 weeks to fix the issue as well so I'm assuming I'm getting the same update just a little earlier. Fingers crossed, will let you know how it goes.

Also the PS5 update has fixed the 4k,120,hdr issue if you haven't checked. 

Cal
Explorer
Options

Yer nice update from Sony and hopefully this update coming from Samsung which you mention sorts the scan lines then 🤞

0 Likes
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Engineer just been, updated firmware to pre release version 2010. Issue persists. Goddamn it. 

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

That's ridiculous 😔 hopefully this next update sorts it 🤞🤞

0 Likes
Ginnnnny
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, 

My Q80t scan lines appeared about a week ago, it's on all sources Sky and pc gaming with 3080. 

These lines were not there before, at first I thought it was just a dodgy channel I was watching but now it's on everything. 

Nothing has changed and TV has been kept offline so it wasn't at update that broke it. 

Is there a fix for this?

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

You shouldn't be getting it on Sky. Have you turned Game Mode off when you're watching Sky?

Unfortunately there isn't a fix yet. The only option is to put Game Motion Plus on but then you end up with additional motion processing, input lag and muted colours. Samsung have pretty much washed their hands of me regarding the issue and I'm awaiting a call back if it ever comes. 

0 Likes