After reading threads back to 8 or 9 months ago regarding issues around sound, its a pity this issue still remains. I purchased a Q80T 55" in November 2020 and had the sound cutting out within 10 minutes of using the TV. I have tried all settings possible but nothing sticks. Things I have tried are;
1. installed the latest firmware (1460 at current time) but no improvement.
2. Tv has been reset 2 times.
3. both the e Arc and optical connections are causing sound to significantly reduce in volume (and return to normal after a few seconds or a minute). This can happen as much as 4 times an hour.
4. have tried switching the sound sensor off to see if this is interfering with anything but again did nothing.
5. funnily enough watching Netflix and some certain channels, the sound works perfectly fine but watching youtube and other certain channel this issue is quick to show up.
6. For me, take the external speakers out of the equation and sound through the TV does not cut out at all and performs as should do.
I am looking forward to a fix so I can upgrade my speaker system but am not confident enough to dish out money on a new soundbar especially when I have seen a thread that this issue is also occurring when using Samsung soundbars.
Any recommendations in the meantime, anything left to try or is there a fix for this?
You’re not the only one man. I just picked up a 65” q80t and immediately started having audio cut out and delay issues. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, PrimeTV all seem to be affected. Brand new Yamaha tsr-700 receiver as well. Martin Logan speakers. Tv and receiver updated and still no consistent audio. In fact I even have a random bug where if I use the tv remote to volume up and down the receiver audio it actually mutes the audio as well. But it’s at random time and I’m not pressing the button down by accident. I’m going to pickup a roku ultra tomorrow and see if bypassing the *****ty earc stuff will resolve my issues. I love the tv and quantum dot tech but ***** man Samsung needs to fix the earc issues that’s literally plaguing EVERYONE. I’ll keep you posted if the dedicated roku fixes the problem.
Hdmi 1 port on tv and tv out from receiver. Hdmi3 port on receiver for roku ultra. Logitech harmony hub system and remote. 4K hdr @ 60hz setting on roku. Works great. Just sucks to have to spend $100 on a device I shouldn’t have to use.