Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T buzzing in game mode

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 02:37 PM)
Members_aHEjFF1
First Poster
Options

When I have VRR enabled on my Xbox Series X I can hear a buzzing coil whine sound. Any known fixes or do I just need to not use that setting?

5 REPLIES 5
BigZia
Journeyman
Options

Bought a 75q8dt last week and having the same issue with loud buzzing noise in game mode and apps. Disappointed with Samsung’s reluctancy to address and fix this issue. Highly disappointed. 
Is this a hardware issue or software? Did I just get a lemon? Or are all of this mode series doing the same thing?

jfbruceco
Student
Options

Mine does this too if VRR is on with my series X, I hope they can fix this through firmware update.  It will also whine in Movie mode if the picture clarity is turned off.  Turning it on or on auto will fix it for Movie mode.  I haven't found any fix for the VRR issue.  Samsung please fix this!

0 Likes
EKH84
Apprentice
Options

Same here …

just got a europe Q80A, and the buzzing sound is there when I use my Xbox with HDMI 4 and 4k, HDR, VRR etc turned on …

anyone got a fix? Broken panel and return it?

tried with my PC as well (RTX 3060) and different HDMI cables … same 😞

0 Likes
sammysungsux
Apprentice
Options

I high an extremely annoying high pitched whine that occurs when the TV is in game mode using my Xbox XS. I reported it to Samsung in February (under warranty) and had a tech come three different times. First time he replaced the mother board (didn't work), second time replaced the power supply (didn't work), third time replaced the display. After replacing the display, the noise had gone away. I don't play the Xbox often (I won it) and when I turned it on 7 months later, the noise was back. I called again and they informed me it was out of warranty but after explaining it was the same issue, they had a tech come at no charge. The tech replaced the motherboard again and it still made the noise. Samsung issued an exchange number and called me to inform me I would only a prorated amount as a refund ($500 less than I paid 14 months ago). I escalated it to the "Office of the President" and Milargos still refused to refund the full amount even though I reported the problem during my warranty period and it still had not been fixed. I am extremely frustrated since it is a major hassle to take down and put up the TV since I can not do it myself. So now I must figure out how to get it down, then they pick it up, I only get a partial refund, and I have to buy and mount a new TV.  Does anyone know how to fix this? It blows my mind they are willing to loose a loyal customer over $500.

0 Likes
jfbruceco
Student
Options

Go into settings in the Xbox and turn off VRR and the whine goes away.  Also goes away on normal viewing if picture clarity is set to custom or auto.  Mine does this too in Game mode so hopefully this works for you.

0 Likes