Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60R QLED (55 inch) flicker with Nintendo Switch

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 03:27 PM)
bfischetti
Apprentice
Options

TV does not work with Nintendo Switch, it starts to flicker every time I connect the console. It does not happen with FireStick TV or Chromecast, it's only with the Switch. Also the Switch works in other TVs (I have been using it until recently with another).

I have tried unplugging, plugging and restarting everything in every order imaginable, same results. 
I have tried using different ports, different HDMI cables, same results.
The TV is brand new (2 days) and the Nintendo Switch has all the original components. 

What is wrong here? Is the TV firmware incompatible with the console? I am seriously thinking about returning the TV.

Please help!?!?

0 Likes
Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Mobes78
First Poster
Options

Keep it at 1080p, just switch RGB range to limited as the one user above suggested. That appears to of fixed my issue.

0 Likes
piotrpozniak
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately keeping. in the Nintendo Switch console 1080p and switching RGB range to limited and setting up on the TV black colors in external devices menu to low or normal does not fix it. 

It starts to flicker every time I connect the console as the author of the post described it.

I would say it's not solved yet. Anyone else had the same issue and fixed it?

0 Likes
Mobes78
First Poster
Options

I didn't touch any setting for black colors in external devices. All I did was switch the RGB to limited and I have not had the issue since.

0 Likes
Muffinman14
Journeyman
Options

The problem still remains for me even after the limited range switch. Here's the things I've done to attempt to fix the flickering between the docked Nintendo Switch and my brand new Samsung 82 inch Q70:

Change Game mode to either on or off, just not automatic! That makes things even worse!

Change the Nintendo Switch RGB to limited from Auto (This helped a little bit I thought, but ultimatly did not resolve the issue at all.

Brand new expensive HDMI cables

The only things that seems to fix it sort of is to unplug the TV from the wall, unplug everything that was plugged into an HDMI port (Wii, Dish receiver, Switch etc), then plug the TV back in to the outlet with ONLY the siwtch plugged into a different HDMI port than it was in before I unplugged the TV! This at least works for a while but is COMPLETLY UNACCAPTABLE!!!

I have an old Samsung plasma that the Switch functions perfectly on so I think these new Samsungs have an issue with the Nintendo Switch that they don't care to address which really is shocking!

0 Likes
Muffinman14
Journeyman
Options

The problem still remains for me even after the limited range switch. Here's the things I've done to attempt to fix the flickering between the docked Nintendo Switch and my brand new Samsung 82 inch Q70:

Change Game mode to either on or off, just not automatic! That makes things even worse!

Change the Nintendo Switch RGB to limited from Auto (This helped a little bit I thought, but ultimatly did not resolve the issue at all.
Brand new expensive HDMI cables

The only things that seems to fix it sort of is to unplug the TV from the wall, unplug everything that was plugged into an HDMI port (Wii, Dish receiver, Switch etc), then plug the TV back in to the outlet with ONLY the siwtch plugged into a different HDMI port than it was in before I unplugged the TV! This at least works for a while but is COMPLETLY UNACCAPTABLE!!!

I have an old Samsung plasma that the Switch functions perfectly on so I think these new Samsungs have an issue with the Nintendo Switch that they don't care to address which really is shocking!

Zak12
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue, have you managed to find a fix to the issue?

0 Likes
Muffinman14
Journeyman
Options

I have not found a fix, please let me know if you do! It seems Samsung couldn't care less their high end QLED TV's are widely known to be non-Nintendo Switch compatible.

Andslan
First Poster
Options

I have the 65 inch model. Same problem. I have read that HDMI splitters or adapters may work but have not tried myself. For example, I've read on reddit there were successes with a third party Switch dock made by Insignia. Also plugging into the HDMI In port in another console or device may work as well. I have not personally tested this as of this posting. Would love to hear if someone has success with this information! 

0 Likes
WillSilva
Apprentice
Options

Thanks a lot Carl!!!

0 Likes
AliBr
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with my new Q95T 55".  I've changed the RGB to limited and TV resolution to 1080p and whilst it connects now instead of constantly flickering and turning game mode on and off.  It will now show a complete black screen and then go back to the picture in the middle of playing a game !  Really frustrating.  This worked fine on my old Samsung Q6F 55" but lost this TV to a burst water pipe.  Help, really don't want to feel I've wasted a load of money on this new TV

0 Likes