Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60B Random "Service not available" messages when Freesat disappears for NO REASON

(Topic created on: 25-05-2023 01:02 PM)
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

I have posted about this obvious software bug before, but had no response from Samsung

Sometimes the Freesat channels disappear although they are still tuned. The TV has to be unplugged and rebooted. Sometimes more than once. I even re-tuned it and the TV still said "service not available". After several reboots it worked again.

It is blindingly obvious it is caused by a software bug, as is the fact that it does not store a value for the default aerial and defaults to "terrestrial" even if you NEVER use Terrestrial

The software updates are enabled and I have manually updated the TV. There were no updates.

Any updates expected for your clearly buggy & brittle Tizen platform ?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I own a number of different branded TVs and on each and every one the default is terrestrial TV.

As for losing signal, it could be a failing LNB, misaligned dish or satellite tuner.

I would be inclined to get the latter two dealt with first and take things from there with fault finding.
0 Likes
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

No  the SIGNAL is fine, it's a software problem.  

The original default yes, but you should be able to set the default aerial in the software.

It is beyond stupid that it switches back to an RF source that has NO SIGNAL away from a live Freesat signal for no reason.

If I use TVplus or YouTube say, that is coming over the Internet NOT from an aerial, so why would the aerial  switch to Terrestrial then so that I have to change the aerial to watch Freesat, even though TV plus or YouTube do not use an aerial, it is just poorly written software.

I had a career as a software developer;I know what I am speaking of.

I want a reply from Samsung mate

0 Likes
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

Bumping it

0 Likes