Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Teletext

(Topic created on: 25-05-2023 11:06 AM)
Members_MbBMHC3
First Poster
Options

Purchased a Qe55Q80batxxu tv recently which in specificions and manual clearly suggests Teletext is available. I am getting conflicting reports from your support, and dealers I have asked, as to whether this is available on the TV. If not I am most annoyed that after spend a largeish amount on this TV something I expected to have available which I use on a regualr basis is missing Why?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Teletext was turned off by the BBC a while back to be replaced by the red button digital service. Are you missing the latter? Just for info an Internet connection is required.
Members_MbBMHC3
First Poster
Options

Not retired yet still there on my 10 year old TVs Clearly shown as available on Samsung TV Specification

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_MbBMHC3 Just to add official Information relayed by samsung last year was:

Due to broadcast changes it is no-longer possible to access BBC interactive services using the Teletext button. Please note, TVs that are not connected to the internet and some older models may still show some information if the Teletext button is pressed.

It is now necessary to press the RED button to launch BBC interactive services. Just make sure that your signed in to your Samsung Account on the TV and BBC iPlayer app."

Whilst it may not please everyone technology moves on.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you referring to Red Button or the old version which had no graphics?
0 Likes