Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ps50c7000 wifi connection issues

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 10:14 PM)
Wifi_issues1010
First Poster
Options

Hey all, i bought a second hand samsung plasma tv ps50c7000. To setup the tv wirelessly, i bought a wifi usb dongle that's meant for the tv. 

The router I have is a Dlink Taipan AC3200, and the wifi setting are set to 'smart wifi'. 

The tv recognises the wifi signal, I input the password but after it attempts to login, it comes up with ' failed to connect'. 

The only way I managed to connect the tv to the wifi was removing the smart wifi feature, and setting it up as a WEP connection but this only allowed the tv to connect to the network but no internet access. 

I know it's a router setting issue because I setup my mobile phone as internet wifi tethering, Nd the tv connected fine with internet and everything. 

Does anyone know what wifi setting are needed to get this working? 

I can't connect via SWL or WPA on the route either, the only one way it semi succeeded was with the settings as WEP. 

I was thinking that the wifi setting should be WPA but I'm not sure what other settings are needed to to get this working

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Vishnu1
First Poster
Options

First you need to make sure you have enough WiFi Range where your TV is located. I recommed you to run Speed test from your Mobile and make sure you are getting enough speed! 

Now login to your WiFI Router and start SETUP.

1) Set a WIFI Name (Network Name (SSID))    

2) Setup Password for your WIFI (Authentication Method)

Choose WPA2-Personal 

3) Connect your Internet Cable to your router 

4) Restart router

Now connect your phone to the NEW SSD (Wifi NAME) you just created and run a speed test.

to make sure you are connected to internet and you are getting decent speed. Now go closer to your TV and Run it again.

If Speed is good enough. Just like you did with your WiFI hotspot connect your TV to your new SSID. 
Now your TV should connect to Internet! 

Enjoy. 

0 Likes
Wifi_issues1010
First Poster
Options

The router is 3 meters away and everything else in the house connects to the wifi just fine. 

It's definetely the router settings for this tv. Could u please let me know what wifi settings are required for this tv? What 802.11 settings are needed on the router?

0 Likes
Vishnu1
First Poster
Options

TV should work with 802.11 b g n  new models support ac too.  

What 802.11N will be supported by most devices currently alive. So try that. 

Older device maynot show or support AC SSID 

0 Likes