Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 03:56 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
pilske
Explorer
Options

Also interested in this aswer.

I have purchase this week de Q95T + connectbox + Sonos Arc, and same problem.

Were can you download the last USB update from Samsung for the Q95T?

pilske
Explorer
Options

@colForbin88: Were have you found the Sonos update?

0 Likes
Spearson
First Poster
Options

’ve the Sonos Arc and just purchased a Samsung 65 Q95T, its running 1402, one connect box, and have eArc turned on, sound initially worked only as stereo for Sky Q,  the TV just recognises the soundbar as a receiver unlike my Q90R which knew it was an Arc as soon as it was plugged in. For Sky I’ve changed the output from PCM/Auto to pass through and according to the Sonos app I’m receiving all the correct sound, Netflix and other streaming apps seem to work fine when its set to PCM/Auto. Not getting any issues sound wise at the moment. Going to test it all weekend and any issues the TV will be going back on Monday. If the Sonos app is showing all the correct sound inputs I am to take it all is working now as intended?

Wallerstroem
Student
Options

The issues are definitely bigger then just one brand (Sonos), I use a Denon receiver and I am experiencing the exact same issues as you guys/girls are.  

the tv identifies eARC compatable unit with support for Atmos. I can do all things expected, change volume on the Denon receiver while using appleTV or other sources with the Q95T remote, steering the appleTV with the Samsung remote. 

the issue is the same as for you, and that is while trying to use built in apps “Netflix” etc. on the Q95T there is no sound. It still shows sound through eARC! 

been in contact with first line support at Samsung and been escalated to next support line, where I have been waiting now for 8 days without any reply! 

Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Ive been following this thread for a while now, I must say it's disappointing how little and slow Samsung responses have been given the major issue concerning their Flasgship series.

This holiday season I was going to buy a 2020 QLED but, given a significant feature such as eARC isn't working and hasn't been for an entire year of release, Its clear Samsung aren't interested in supporting their products as a top priority.  So I will take my business elsewhere, along with my 2500 customers in line.

Samsung representatives; silence is not an appropriate response for top paying flagship customers - its time to step it up and raise the priority of this.

eirikask
Apprentice
Options

I have a 75" the frame arriving tomorrow. As I have the Sonos Arc I will ask them to take it back. 

0 Likes
pilske01
Student
Options

Hi All,my problem looks like solved.

(1) I installed version 1403.1 https://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/QE85Q95TALXXN/

(2) Reset my Samsung 55Q95T to factory settings

(3) installed it again

Now the sound interups are no happening anymore.  So I think this is an solution

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Can you test and confirm eARC performance is working via inbuilt apps such as Netflix as well? 

Try an Atmos movie and see if your soundbar/AVR recieved a true uncompressed Atmos signal

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

This has been the case for many weeks, Charlsburg, since the release of 1402.6.

Before that release, the Sonos app would show Dolby Atmos logo for the room, but in the System Info would show Dolby Digital+.   Installing 1402.6 shows the Dolby Atmos logo for the room but system info also shows Dolby Atmos.

0 Likes
Jcarthy16
First Poster
Options

I have installed the 1403 update two days ago and can confirm it has been solid since then. I am getting an uncompressed signal to my soundbar. Inbuilt apps are working as expected. No complaints for now.

0 Likes