Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 4K performance on UE40MU6400

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 11:22 AM)
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

Hi.  I have a UE40MU6400 TV and works great except for one relatively new issue. When watching Youtube on the native app supplied with the TV, 4K UHD videos often fail. This becomes more frequent with 4K 60fps video. The video begins playing fine, but after 5-10 mins, the picture begins to go blocky with random coloured noise - usually from the left of screen. This "blockiness"  moves toward the right eventually filling the whole screen - at which point the Youtube app crashes and cannot be restarted without switching the TV off/on.

Intriguingly, if I pause the video when the "blockiness" first appears, [before it reaches the  full-screen stage] I can scroll forward or backward through the paused video and re-start it and it plays OK for another 5 mins when the blockiness starts again... Whilst this may be a workaround, it is NOT a suitable way to watch videos.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like your Internet connection may not be fast enough. Do you have these issues in other 4K streaming apps?
0 Likes
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

No. I don't get it with other 4k apps such as BBC iplayer. Some things on there are in 4K. I don't usually get a problem on 4k apps on youtube either - but a few specific videos advertised at 4k 60fps give this issue.  i have full fibre broadband so that should not be the issue.

Just done three broadband speed tests on the TV using the TVs built-in browser (tizen?) and  speedtest.net - the results were (..in Mbps..)

PING                              8ms          7ms        8ms      

DOWNLOAD               203            204         199

UPLOAD                      197             196           198

..so I really don't think it's a slow internet issue. 

0 Likes