Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please! I'm unable to solve my internet issues.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 08:25 PM)
PirateToast
First Poster
Options

There's something wonky going on with my internet.

1. I have a brand new Samsung QLED Q70A.  I had a TCL Roku something or other that I returned trying to solve this exact same issue.
  2. I'm using a TP-Link AC1750 WiFi router.

Here's what happens:

• I setup the new tv and connect to the 5ghz WIFI.
  • It'll connect, but I'll get a message that says something like "Connected to Network, but No Internet Connection"
  • However, it does appear that it's connected to the internet.  Netflix will work for example.  However, Amazon Prime Video will not work.
  • If I go to check the internet connection, I continue to get that error.
  • This exact thing happened on my TCL TV that I returned just the other day.  So it's not the TV (but the TV's give no usable feedback). 
  • I know it's a network issue.  I have pretty slow internet (but it should be usable).  I think it may be an internet speed issue.  But this is where I get confused. 
    • I am showing internet speeds of 30-50 mbps wifi from my phone in the same area
    • I try a powerline adapter to rule out the wifi, validated on a pc that the powerline adapter gets 40+ mbps, but when I use the powerline adapter with the TV, it is 100% unable to connect to the internet at all.

My questions:

1. Why will my powerline adapter not work at all with the TV, but will work with any other device?
  2. Why will Netflix work, but the wifi shows no internet and Amazon won't work? 

My guess is that I'm having some sort of ip conflict of some sort between powerline/wifi and that's why powerline won't work.  I'm not sure on the wifi issues, the TV should show internet connectivity if Netflix connects, but it says it isn't. 

PLEASEEEEE help :smiling-face:

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try restart your home network device
Then login connect wifi
0 Likes
PirateToast
First Poster
Options

I've tried that about 1,000 times.  Restarting router, tv, and unplugging main modem.  Nothing works.

0 Likes
leonbakhan
Student
Options

May be resetting the network setting will help.

1. Also switch off the tv keeping pressed the off button till Qled Samsung tv appears
  2. Try connecting again
0 Likes