Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Picture Settings

(Topic created on: 16-04-2018 11:28 PM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi...Just purchased a 55inch 4K LCD MU6470 model and was looking to know what' the best picture settings for everyday watching.I read a few online but these are mainly for Blue rays and movies.

I.m assuming that picture settings within shops are maxed up to give better viewing pictures.

Cheers for any help..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerrymac wrote:

Hi...Just purchased a 55inch 4K LCD MU6470 model and was looking to know what' the best picture settings for everyday watching.I read a few online but these are mainly for Blue rays and movies.

I.m assuming that picture settings within shops are maxed up to give better viewing pictures.

Cheers for any help..

Hi @Gerrymac,    Generally it is best to use Movie or Standard Mode, keep auto processing to a minimum and disable most of the Eco settings to give a brighter picture.   There are various expert recommendations available but to suit your own preferences a bit of tweaking may be required. Personally whilst I don't have the same model prefer the backlight to be a bit higher than  is generally suggested.   I'll enclose a few links here  https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-set-your-tv-and-get-best-picture           https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu7000/settings      7000 is the Us version of the 6400 and so recommendations for your set should be similar.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerrymac wrote:

Cheers for any help..

Hi @Gerrymac,    Generally it is best to use Movie or Standard Mode, keep auto processing to a minimum and disable most of the Eco settings to give a brighter picture.   There are various expert recommendations available but to suit your own preferences a bit of tweaking may be required. Personally whilst I don't have the same model prefer the backlight to be a bit higher than  is generally suggested.   I'll enclose a few links here  https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-set-your-tv-and-get-best-picture           https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu7000/settings      7000 is the Us version of the 6400 and so recommendations for your set should be similar.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Many Thanks for the detailed reply and links..I,ll post back when I can have a play with the TV.I know its all about personal choice when relating to Picture settings etc....but I would just like a base as to where to start. I,m using the same HDMI cables that were with my last TV (Plasma) to connect a Sky/Freeview HD Box.

Its great to use Smart View too with my phone...amazing technology.

Thanks again for the reply, James4578..

Cheers.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Had time to play with these settings and find that Standard Picture suits best. Movie is too dark so I,ve adjusted Backlight and others slightly. I find jutter is a pain and have read about this so I,ve turned Auto Motion off. 

I,m getting to used to this LED as I,ve had a plasma for the last few years..

Cheers.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerrymac wrote:

Hi,

Had time to play with these settings and find that Standard Picture suits best. Movie is too dark so I,ve adjusted Backlight and others slightly. I find jutter is a pain and have read about this so I,ve turned Auto Motion off. 

I,m getting to used to this LED as I,ve had a plasma for the last few years..

Cheers.

Hi @Gerrymac, glad you've managed to adjust settings to your satisfaction   (sometimes can depend on content mind you)    Yes I generally turn Auto Motion off, may be a bit  different but hope you can get enjoyment from the LED

0 Likes
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi James4578

I use a Humax HD box for recordings and have noticed over the past week recordings, in particular  Coranation St. seems to judder alot even when Motion is turned off on TV.

Does this Auto Motion need to be On and Judder scaled down to Level 1 or to be Off completely?

I,m not aware of any of these settings on the Humax Box.

And it's just Corrie it's happening with. My other post about the flash was also with watching this programme.

Cheers

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerrymac wrote:

Hi James4578

I use a Humax HD box for recordings and have noticed over the past week recordings, in particular  Coranation St. seems to judder alot even when Motion is turned off on TV.

Does this Auto Motion need to be On and Judder scaled down to Level 1 or to be Off completely?

I,m not aware of any of these settings on the Humax Box.

And it's just Corrie it's happening with. My other post about the flash was also with watching this programme.

Cheers

Hi @Gerrymac,  Pity not working out for Corrie.   I would try Auto Motion on  and set Judder Reduction 1-3, depending on which works out best.  

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Cheers...Many Thanks
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Just an update while it's on...Lol
Had Judder reduction set to 10..then 5 then 3 then 1...still occurring.
Turned Digital Clean View on and Auto Motion off...so far so good...next will be to record and view...
Cheers
0 Likes