Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Clarity settings unavailable in BBC iPlayer and app keeps logging out

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 08:41 AM)
gregarus
Student
Options

I have had a QE55QN95A for a week (amazing TV), but there is a strange issue where in the BBC iplayer app Picture Clarity settings are greyed out and unavailable when content is playing and seemingly switched completely off. Weirdly, the settings can be accessed in the menu, but they are not applied when content starts playing. This is the only situation across all sources and apps that this happens.

Also, very strangely, the app logs itself out every 24 hours.

I have never experienced any of the above on any Samsung I've owned in the last 10 years.

I contacted Samsung support and after telling me this is normal (it isn't normal on any Samsung TV from 2021 or over the last 12 years) they suggested I reset smart hub. I did this and it has not remedied the issue. Support registered this and I can provide the support ticket number if required, however they are taking no further action. I have also contacted BBC iPlayer, but have yet to receive a reply.

Anyone know what is going on here? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
plasticbeach
First Poster
Options

Just came upon this problem myself on a AU7100. Interestingly, Samsung have an article about it saying this affects a wide range of their TVs:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/picture-clarity-settings-unavailable-when-viewing-...

Still no sign of a fix after all this time though.

For me I also get a ton of judder on iPlayer if I have just swapped out of an American app, such as Disney Plus. Presumably it’s some quirk of switching between 60hz and 50hz inputs.

I’ve had a mix of Samsung TVs for over 10 years and nothing ever changes, they are still overflowing with bugs. This is the last Samsung set I will own.

0 Likes