Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition to support DivX and DTS codecs on 2018 Qled TVs

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 09:12 PM)
Larsjaymz
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

you will find attached a petition asking Samsung for the return of support for Divx and DTS codecs on Qled TV 2018 models.

Thank you for signing it if you feel concerned, embarrassed by this arbitrary decision, or solidary of this lack of service on which Samsung does not communicate at all.

Thank you also for sharing it as much as possible with your relations.

Have a good day!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-samsung-prenne-en-charge-les-codecs-dts-et-divx-sur-les-tv-qled-201...

3 REPLIES 3
npm
Journeyman
Options

I would be more inclined to sign this if you hadn't specified "QLED" TV's

I have an NU8000 LED TV which also does not support DTS

So it's not just OLED TV's this affected, I think its pretty much the entire 2018 range!

Gauthier2
Journeyman
Options

It's really a pity for a brand which is supposed to be premium (at least with QLED TVs) to have stopped support for DIVX and many other codec. I've signed the petition and, to be much more efficient as Samsung never reacted to these missing codec complaints, I keep claiming for years wherever I can that Samsung quality is not what it looks like, and that other brands do not suffer from these stupid issues!

Anyone wants to buy my 65" QL€D?

0 Likes
Gauthier2
Journeyman
Options

It is indeed a shame for a brand pretending to be premium to save a couple cents of royalties on a 2000€ TV. Not only other brands like LG, Sony, Philips do support these codec, but even low cost TV from Aldi or Lidl also do support it!!! 😲 😞 😫

0 Likes