Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 06:51 PM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
Alan5498
First Poster
Options

So, if you want the volume levels to appear on the soundbar, then MAKE SURE the volume you send to the TV are the soundbar commands. For example, if a FireTV changes your volume, make sure the soundbar is added as an external device.  Then volume displays on your soundbar.

BUT if you want the volume to display on the TV screen, make sure your remote is sending Samsung TV volume controls.  So for a Fire TV, for example, then DON'T add your soundbar to the external device list, and the Fire TV remote will send Samsung TV commands, and the volume WILL appear on your TV.  

I LIKE the TV display volume and I lost it and it was because I was controlling the Soundbar.  I think the TV volume display is easier to read.  But to each his own. 

0 Likes
neighborisland
First Poster
Options

Incredibly disappointing that this topic is not receiving any attention from Samsung.  
**Need a menu option to disable on screen volume display for external sources**

The volume display when using external audio output is extremely distracting when watching movies or concerts where I constantly change volume to accommodate for changes in soundtrack or need to turn up dialog, or turn down loud scenes, etc.. 

Further more the display is enormous and extremely bright against dark content which ends up looking like a cheaper overall experience - something I'd expect from lesser brands, but seems awfully budget for Samsung.

This seems like such an easy software fix for an issue that is literally sending me to Sony for a replacement.  

Kraak
First Poster
Options

Just chiming in.. I just bought a reciever with eARC and am pretty annoyed by this obtrusive volume notification.  I hope that samsung can give us an option to turn this off. But given the age of this topic I’m not holding my breath..

Bondelev
Student
Options

I can’t believe they haven’t fixed this. It would be so simple to turn it off. 

nieten7642
First Poster
Options

*****... 😡 I've had this problem for YEARS now. I had a previous model Samsung TV coupled with a 2023 Apple TV and a 2023 full Sonos surround system. Granted, my Samsung TV was an older model. So I assumed this problem was just because it was an older model. If you haven't picked up on the past tense of my comment so far... my previous Samsung TV died this past weekend. So... I was forced to get a replacement. I was interested in another brand... but the TV I ended up purchasing was the best option for the limited space that I have in my entertainment center. So... again, I purchased a Samsung. 

To my COMPLETE disappointment... my brand new 2023 model Samsung (model Q60CD 65") STILL won't allow me to turn of the volume on screen display!! In fact... on my new TV the volume on screen display is even WORSE!! It's TWICE THE SIZE and and even MORE obnoxious and annoying!!

Honestly... there's a great deal about my new TV that I absolutely love. It's just... the inability to turn off this ANNOYING display off is SO RIDICULOUS!! Just update the software already!! Customers have been asking for this for YEARS now!! I mean... COME ON Samsung!! WTH???

It's been over three years now!! Who even wants this display in the first place?? Why is this even default?? I didn't have this problem when I had a separate wired receiver. But Samsung CLEARLY hasn't kept up with modern audio technology like wireless surround systems like Sonos speakers. What an embarrassment. 😡

Bondelev
Student
Options

If they insist on keeping the display, at least let us choose how large it is and how long it stays on the screen!

ObiJohn
Journeyman
Options

We just purchased a new Samsung 65" Oled TV which we love everything about except the large and intrusive volume display! Samsung should either provide a way to disable this or change it to a less intrusive bar across the bottom of the screen. Like others on this forum, we often need to make minor adjustments to the volume during movies, and having a volume indicator take up a large portion of the screen is infuriating. SAMSUNG, PLEASE FIX THIS! UNTIL THIS IS FIXED, WE CANNOT RECOMMEND SAMSUNG TVS TO OTHERS!!!

Skavenwar
Apprentice
Options

Please samsung, fix this problem!! I'm an owner of the new s95c Oled tv!

Troy R
Student
Options

Wholeheartedly agree, 

also bought one of Samsungs top of the line TVs but the volume UI is just horrific. How can I enjoy a movie with that huge thing taking up half the screen. Annoying 

Troy R
Student
Options

Samsung please fix this