Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tv

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 02:20 PM)
N121
Apprentice
Options

I wonder if anybody could help my parents have a old UE40 C8000 tv and when it turns on it has a red line straight down the middle of the tv and less then 5 minutes later it goes. It is a good tv and wondered if it could get repaired before they buy a new one. Thank you 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
U will need to buy a new one, because having it repaired will cost as buying a new one.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@N121: If the set is persistently powering off after such as short space of time then this does sound like it requires an engineers inspection, which will be a chargeable service if the set is over 12 months old. You can try pressing and holding the power button on the remote until the set restarts, or unplugging it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in to reset the device, however I can't guarantee that this will work. If the issue persists, then please contact one of our Support Centres directly to arrange an inspection. To proceed, follow the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code to find your nearest one. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
N121
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I think I didn’t write the message clear once the tv goes on the red and blue line is there for less then 5 minutes and after that the line disappears and the tv stays on, but seeing as the tv is 10 years old and it might not worth getting it repaired even though it is a good tv. Here is a picture of the tv 

9D4B4208-97DC-47DB-B756-670CB566C3AE.jpeg

0 Likes