Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official cleaning method for the q95t

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 05:20 PM)
swko
Journeyman
Options

So I'm requesting an official reply regarding the cleaning of the q95t. Reason I'm asking, is i had my first q95t and after a week my 2 yr old just put 2 fingertips on the screen, when I tried to remove it by a micro fiber cloth it became a huge blueish smudge and I had the TV replaced. Now same thing happened today and I'm scared of even touching the TV..so what to do to clean it without ruining it?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@swko: Hi there. I've had a look into this for you, and found the following information regarding cleaning the screen of your Q95T. 

To clean the screen, turn off the TV, then gently wipe away smudges and fingerprints on the panel with a micro-fiber cloth. Clean the body or panel of the TV with a micro-fiber cloth dampened with a small amount of water. After that, remove the moisture with a dry cloth. While cleaning, do not apply strong force to the surface of the panel because it can damage the panel. Never use flammable liquids (benzene, thinner, etc.) or a cleaning agent. For stubborn smudges, spray a small amount of screen cleaner on a micro-fiber cloth, and then use the cloth to wipe away the smudges.

0 Likes
swko
Journeyman
Options

Ok thanks, but any advice on the mouvement ?like doni wipe it in one way or however I want as long as I do not put much pressure on it?it really shouldn't be this scary to clean a screen but my previous horrible experience makes me very anxious on how I approach this

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
left to right is probably the best method.
0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

The screen has an anti reflective coating on so what you're doing is rubbing this coating away.

0 Likes
swko
Journeyman
Options

So what do you do then to not remove the anti glare as i know that's what's gonna happen if you clean it the wrong way 

0 Likes
peterQ95T
Explorer
Options

@swko i have the same problem with my Q95T regarding fingerprints. Do  you still having problem or is it solved ?

This is horrible Samsung that if you clean your TV (the right way) you could destroy it .

I really think there is no way to clean this screen. What did Samsung Support tell you when you called them? Didnt think they would repalce a panel because of cleaning faults ?

0 Likes
fedelup90
First Poster
Options

This issue has been present for YEARS on any Samsung tv with moth eye filter from 2016 KS series.

In av forums users have tried different thing and products, every thing different from 99,8 isopropyl alchool that get in contact with screen will leave a mark visible under certain condition, there's no escape.

Don't try with distilled water , it will leave marks.

It'a shame that samsung still sell this expensive TV that are impossible to clean.

I've bought a Q80r few months ago and already have a few marks, don't know in what condition this tv will be in a few years.

Samsung has to provide a solutions for this issue.

0 Likes
peterQ95T
Explorer
Options

wow thats sucks bigtime. Question is how Samsung can  add this antiglare ***** on the tv knowing its a nightmare to clean :smiling-face:

Im going to leave Samsung for sure when i purschase my next TV.

fedelup90
First Poster
Options

Here there's a whole thread from Avforums UK about this specific issue : 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/anti-glare-on-samsung-q9fn-tv-issue.2228167/

0 Likes