Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issue: an external sound device tries to connect all the time! HELP ME guys to alert Samsung about it plz

(Topic created on: 19-04-2020 03:48 PM)
Airben
Apprentice
Options

The creation of this topic remains my last option to make Samsung react on a major software problem.
I bought a Samsung TV (model QE55Q65R) last February and since that day, I've been fighting against a notification that keeps coming back.

After a request from the US support who sent me back to the French support, unable to give me a satisfactory answer, I experience this problem every time I turn on my TV.

The problem is as follows: a headset, a sound bar or a speaker tries to continuously connect to my TV via Bluetooth. I have tried everything:
- accept the device and then delete it
- reset the television
- install an update via a USB key (that was suggested by the French support team… no comment)
- disable all my Bluetooth devices even though none of them are marked "T-10" (name of the device trying to connect)
- activate / deactivate all possible and unimaginable parameters in the Settings
- I even went around to my neighbors to see if any of them owned this "T-10" device

What I'm sure of:
- the signal's coming from a neighbor because the notification comes more often at night...
- that it is a device for diffusing sound (see photo below and video)

Device name: T-10 Do you want to broadcast TV sound via this device?Device name: T-10 Do you want to broadcast TV sound via this device?
- when I insist on connecting to the device, the TV changes sources and launches "Ambient Mode". When I do this, a few minutes lapse and the notification returns on screen

The situation is unbelievable! More than 800 euros spent on this high-end television to finally come close to a nervous breakdown every time I turn it on.

I found similar testimonials to mine, the solution is not expensive (development cost) and could be embedded in a future update: the ability to block an incoming connection.

I'm angry, disappointed, helpless and nobody at Samsung seems to understand the seriousness of the situation.
Samsung's support can't do anything, it's up to the product teams, engineers/designers to solve this problem!! The promise is not kept, and this is not an isolated case. DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!

19 REPLIES 19
Trevor47
First Poster
Options

Yes I have been having same problems on my Series 8 which cost me nearly a £1,000. Same response from Samsung so I have stuck post on Facebook telling people not to buy Samsung. Perhaps we should’ve a concerted Worldwide campaign on social media.

0 Likes
Airben
Apprentice
Options

@ashyt16 I tried your idea (app scanner), no result in my side unfortunately. Thanks anyway!
@Trevor47 Honestly, I'm running out of ideas. We're obviously outnumbered and Samsung doesn't care about our problem. I don't even know if any Samsung employees come through here... it's hopeless.

0 Likes
Trevor47
First Poster
Options

Yes very frustrating. Perhaps starting a Facebook Page might get them reacting.

0 Likes
NK12
First Poster
Options

Was there ever a solution found to this problem 

0 Likes
Onthebeach
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem with my v expensive JVC TV.
I dowloaded a bluetooth device finder and it seems to be from my neighbour?
I have found details of a bluetooth blocking device that people buy just to annoy their neighbour!!!! I wonder if its possible anyone could be so stupid???

2 year prison sentence, for bluetooth interference.....if we could only prove it????
0 Likes
Onthebeach
First Poster
Options
I suspect my neighbour is doing this deliberately, using a bluetooth blocking device designed to cause distress.
No proof, but the timing seems deliberate. Anyone else think the same?
0 Likes
AustinH477
First Poster
Options

I have found Samsungs official response to this problem. 
apparently it is due to the fact someone is using the Facebook app on their phone and is connected to the same wifi as your tv. The only thing you can do is find out everyone who is connected to your wifi and ask they do not use the Facebook app. Either you, a roommate, or someone else who hopped onto the same wifi somehow, the Facebook app for whatever reason is doing this to the tv notifications and there’s no other solution currently it’s been going on for over 3 years and both fb nor Samsung have done anything to fix it

0 Likes
CMA3
First Poster
Options

I know that isn't what's causing my issue. Don't know what is causing it, but it's not that.

0 Likes
CMA3
First Poster
Options

Im NEVER buying another Samsung product. The expensive fridge I bought has freezer issues and they've had this problem for YEARS. The freezer freezes up and won't make ice cubes. They sent a tech out to replace the freezer part. It worked for a few months then same issue. Samsung response "sorry, we tried to fix it so all we can do is give you a discount on another fridge." Must have TARD stamped on my face if they think I'd buy another one. 

I thought ok, just stick to TV, they know how to make those, right? Guess not. Seems like they handle all crapy products the same way. 

0 Likes
sergio861
Journeyman
Options

Same issue, some device called C39S try to pair with my tv again and again, i can't block it

0 Likes