I have a Samsung UN65MU8000 TV with Software version T-KTMAKUC-1280.5, BT-S which is connected to a Denon receiver via an HDMI cord. I'm using HDMI port #4 on the TV which is designated ARC and the HDMI ARC port on the receiver. I'm able to see the Denon on-screen menus on my TV when selecting the HDMI input source. However, when I watch YouTube TV, I get no sound from my surround speakers. I know the receiver and speakers work because I used them back when I still had cable TV. I contacted Samsung customer support and was told the apps on the TV such as YouTube TV cannot send their audio signal to a receiver, only to a speaker connected directly to the TV like a sound bar. I find this hard to believe. Many people have cut cable and are using streaming services, but also want to use surround sound speakers. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
I have exactly the same issue with a new Samsung TV and a Denon AVR-X2500H.
The audio works through the speakers on a normal audio source through the Amp and the Samsung remote can even turn the volume up/down plus sync the power state. Just no sound from the TV to the Amp using the ARC feature. I have selected the "TV Audio" source on the amp. Still nothing.
Did you manage to fix this?
So we logged a call with Samsung and they sent out a technician.
They found that the issue was that the Audio return for ARC will only work through HDMI 4. Even though there is no supporting documentation for this and their tech support didn't even know about this. Seems like poor documentation more than anything else.
I love Samsung TVs over many other brands but this seems like it is something that should be documented better.
I hope this helps you.
RESOLVED: I had the same issue with my Denon AVR-4310CI. Samsung support was NO help. They tried convincing me to buy a Samsung sound bar to fix the problem.
This fix should work for ALL older receivers that do not have an ARC HDMI out port.
1. Connect the HDMI from the receiver TV OUT to any HDMI input in the television EXCEPT for the HDMI ARC port. Do NOT use the HDMI ARC port.
2. Configure the Samsung TV to use the Sound Output “receiver (HDMI)”. (Remote: Home Button, Settings, Sound, Sound Ouput).
3. Configure the receiver for the sound output to use “Receiver” or “Amp”, depending on brand. (Denon, using remote: Menu, manual Setup, HDMI Setup, HDMI Audio out, “AMP”)
4. back out of the menu
5. Turn off the receiver. Turn off the tv.
6. Turn on the Tv
7. Turn on the receiver
8. Now everything will work. You will get the audio through your Receiver. However, every time you turn on the TV and Receiver, the Samsung tv will give you an error “Receiver (HDMI) Your audio device is connected to a port that doesn’t not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port.” Either ignore this message and it will go away, or click on the OK button.
if it still doesn’t work:
1. go back to Step to go make sure that setting is still (Receiver (HDMI)
2. make sure you are NOT using the TV HDMI ARC port