Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 09:09 AM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
SO_SESK
Explorer
Options

Hello.

Yes, future upgrades (higher versions than the current one) will work on Your TV. I forwarded Your concerns to the HQ. Future versions higher than 2309 are planed to have the fix built-in.

About the picture distortion that You experience from time to time, I have some ideas we could check.

1. On Your PS5 make sure the RGB Range is set to LIMITED. Many people think that FULL is automatically and always better but FULL is designed for PC monitors while LIMITED is designed for TVs.

2. While still having the HDMI source displayed (receiver/PS5), open HOME -> SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> EXTERNAL DEVICE MANAGER -> GAME MODE SETTINGS -> GAME MODE (if the current value is AUTO, try to change it to ON or vice versa)

3. Return to the EXTERNAL DEVICE MANAGER menu and set HDMI BLACK LEVEL to AUTO

4. Open HOME -> SETTINGS -> SUPPORT -> DEVICE CARE -> SELF DIAGNOSIS -> SIGNAL INFORMATION -> SIGNAL HISTORY -> HDMI DELAY LEVEL -> SLOW 2

5. Turn the TV OFF, unplug the power and plug it in 20 seconds later.

Please let me know whether the behavior of the TV changed somehow.

CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hi, as you will see from my previous posts. I have the Denon 3700H and AVS-3 connected to a Samsung Q90T but not getting the 4k/120Hz on either Xbox series x or Ps5. Denon exchanged my receiver for a brand new one about 2 weeks ago, and had a replacement AVS-3 delivered yesterday. I am still unable to get 4k/120Hz. Yet last week I bought an 8k/120 Hz switch on Amazon and it works perfectly, both consoles getting the full range. This tells me there must be some form of compatibility issue between Denon hardware and my Samsung TV. It’s very frustrating as it’s making me think of other Tv brands now that don’t have issues.

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hiya Tim040,

just got off Samsung Support and got this reply to my problem:

Going back, I found out that your TV is just doing fine and no fault it can utilize 4k at 120Hz when the game consoles are connected directly. However, due to incompatibility of Denon devices to the TV. It may be unable to use the receiver to its full potential. Hence, I advise you to just directly connect a game console instead of using a receiver.

Are Samsung going to fix this problem?

TV is just working fine. However, we cannot mandate Denon to make their devices compatible to our TVs too.

He then disconnected, I guess he didn’t like being told Samsung Support for their products is not up to scratch

0 Likes
SO_SESK
Explorer
Options

Hello.

I want to investigate this issue myself at the factory since we have an "affected" Denon receiver but we have not received the adapter yet and the Denon support is quiet since my last inquiry. I hope to hear from them soon.

The technician who told You that it is a compatibility issue may be right (if a signal is processed by multiple devices then it is affected several ways) but I am simply not ready to just leave it there.

Meanwhile, have You tried my above suggestions? Many users who used the linked firmware 2309 got their issues with HDMI 2.1 fixed.

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hiya,

Yes, I followed everything to the letter, and just checked again and still the same. When I look at the Xbox settings, it still tells me my tv does not get 4k/120Hz, same as the PS5. I cannot believe in this day and age these companies don't work together and put the customer first. When I dealt with Denon a couple of months ago, they told me there is no compatibility issues with the 3700H, AVS-3, and Q90T tv. Now Samsung are telling me it is not their problem. This really p****** me off as we all paid good money for their products, and they dole out unfinished products at that.  Sorry, RANT OVER!!! 

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

As of today I have the same issue with my screen…

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

This does not change the behavior sadly. I have followed the steps and also plugged/unplugged the HDMI cables.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

It only seems to happen with games that are not on 4k/120hz or without VRR, as I do not have the issue when playing Rocket League or Horizon Forbidden West

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

I noticed you can workaround this by setting HDMI transfer speeds to -1 on PS5, but keep in mind this will disable 4k/120hz so you will need to re-enable it for 4k120hz compatible games because then the issue is not at present.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I am so sorry but I have the same problem with those solutions.... I have some small constant glitches... and after some time (random) the screen goes like in my photo.... after that moment i Have to change source and going back then I have the same problem once again.... I have to say that previous official firmware was working (with some problems from time to time) but ok ! so there is something added in the last official firmware that has break this.... About AVS-3 I am using with just one device connected at this moment... with various devices 2.1 at same time I was having lots of problems.... Since I bought this TV I have had problems constantly... and all problems are normally about no signal /  handshakes.... but with the previous official firmware and the previous firmware.... all was stable for 1 year more or less.... after that we get the last firmware.... and that break hdmi 2.1 vs denon.... please @SO_SESK help us to be able to enjoy our setups. Many thanks !!

0 Likes