Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No signal message on LCD TV after stopping use of TalkTalk box

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Clive10535
Student
Options

Hi.

I have a Samsung LCD TV, model LE26B450C4W, which I have used for some years via a Talk Talk box. However, I want to stop using the TT box, but find the TV now shows Weak or no signal messages when connected to the ariel.

As the TV dates from 2008, I tried connecting via a set-top box to convert digital to analogue, as I am not sure whether the TV needs this. That didn't help.

I know the ariel is OK as another TV runs off the ariel , and I know the set-top box is OK as it works on the other TV.  

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Clive10535
Student
Options

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Problem now solved by re-tuning the TV to pick up the terrestrial digital channels ( which took me a while to figure out).

Thanks, Clive

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Is it a good digital aerial? You may need a separate digital tv booster box or the aerial repositioning. Any transmitter problems in your area. Can't see the recent magnetic storm causing it, but who knows.
Solution
Clive10535
Student
Options

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Problem now solved by re-tuning the TV to pick up the terrestrial digital channels ( which took me a while to figure out).

Thanks, Clive

Robin999
Maestro
Options
Apologies, assumed you'd already tried a retune but didn't find any channels due to poor signal strength. Glad you got it sorted.