Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Network Notification

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 02:35 PM)
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Is there someone who reads this forum able to give me a clue to solving a problem with a network notification appearing regularly in the top right hand of my tv screen. I see this has been reported previously without any advice of solution offered. Is there another means of raising this problem with someone in the know at Samsung?

The problem:

After I switch on my tv I regularly get a  network notification appearing top right hand corner of my tv screen. This finally goes after several clicks of the ok button but nevertheless is annoying to say the least .

My Samsung TV is new Model Code UE43AU7100KXXU. The notification comes and goes and informs me that the network cable is connected.

There are no problems with playing any of the internet linked apps.

My home network broadband speed is a consistent 40mbps.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction for a solution?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How to view and/or turn off Notifications in Samsung SmartThings?

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-view-and-or-turn-off-notifications-in-samsu...
0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Hi xSteveuk
Thanks I will report back when I have looked into this info.
0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Hi xSteveuk
I have looked into notifications settings but all I find available is 'allow sound'. Below it states ' the service that provides notifications is currently not being used'. Do you know what this actually means?
0 Likes
Solution
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Hi xSteveuk

Reporting back as promised I am cautiously optimistic the TV Network Connected Notification problem has been solved without I should add switching off the notifications in the Smart Things App (I misunderstood where the notifications settings were as no doubt you have realised from my earlier post) . The notification has not shown for three days following my actions below:-

You prompted me to looked further at My Smart TV settings and features and I found that for some reason I had not signed into my Samsung Account on my TV so I did. Also I registered my TV in my Smart Things App on my phone and hey presto the notification problem seems to be resolved, confirmed further in my router by my TV now showing as a wired connection to my internet even when the TV is switched off which it wasn't previously.  

How these actions sorted the problem is a mystery to me but nevertheless they look as if they have.

Many Thanks

Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

The Doomed Network Notice Has Returned After several days clear. Where can I go form here? 

AntS
Options

Hi @Giraffe , What's the software version on your TV? (Home button > Settings > Support > About This TV)

There's a version 1903.0 update for that model that's just been released today on the website support page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE43AU7100KXXU/ 

(Guide for updating via USB is on the support page or here if you need it: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202105/20210518170029314/2021_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Inst... )

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for your reply
My TV Software Version T- KSU2EDEUC-1807.2
AntS
Options

No worries. 🙂 And cheers! I heard a rumour from our end that version 1903.0 for this model should contain a fix for this one. If you're able, update your TV to that version and let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Hello AntS
I would just like to pass some points through you about update my TV I hope you don't mind as I can see some big issues can arise if for instance a USB download did not install correctly.
The software update menu says there is no update for my TV. I have looked at downloading and installing the update file via a USB but have cone across some issues which make me apprehensive about this method. First my USB 8 Gb Scandisc Flash Drive Required Clearing and I have done this using a HP USB tool. Second there are two choices for download, one marked Windows the other All OS. I could not successfully download the Windows option on my W11 laptop as it came up as unknown file. I have downloaded the All OS option and loaded it onto my USB but am not now confident to proceed at this stage with the TV installation without passing my methods through you.
If I do decide to use the USB file it will of course be my decision. What do you think?