Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Multiple screen panel failures

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 10:16 PM)
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought Samsung smart tv in May2021. Started well but soon went pair shaped with screen panel failure ! Not once  but 3 times now had 2 replaced screen panels an just last night the panel failed again. Now instead of enjoying as state of art 55”Smart Tv with a cost of over £1000 I am now watching tv on a 32” Hitachi cost £200. I am now being asked to embark on another repair cycle!!!!

has anyone else had the same issue with screen panel failure? Multiple times!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, don't you get two years warranty?
Why not just replace it?
0 Likes
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately on every occasion this option was not offered despite me requesting this, I had to agree to engineer visit and the engineer would have make the decision that the tv was non repairable before Samsung would consider replacing the TV. I have had a very protracted heated at times telephone conversation with Samsung Customer Services this pm regarding this subject but again I have to have an engineer visit and his report will be considered. Engineer visit this Wednesday.

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK, hope things will get sorted for you.
0 Likes
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

hi just an update to my post on Monday.

I am now embarking on my 3rd repair of the TV !  And Yes it is yet another LED panel failure ( now 4 failures which includes the original screen and 2 fitted new screens  and one replacement screen arrived which was also faulted).Despite contacting Samsung Product support and speaking to Support Supervisor to try and seek an alternate outcome such as replacement or refund worth out success, but only offered yet another repair. Has anyone else experienced LED failures?

TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Hi just been contacted by TV engineer today to inform me that they will returning my troubled Samsung Smart TV tomorrow after a 3rd replacement LED panel since May2021! I will see how long this repair will last !!!  I have been getting approx 3-4 months use of tv before the LED screens fail. This not the quality I expected from a premium manufacturer nor the customer support. Sorry Samsung its not good enough.

Solution
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Just the latest update on my ongoing issues with my Samsung Smart UHD QLED  tv. I received my tv from the engineers yesterday (thur4/5/22 at approx 1300hrs). They set up the tv after fitting yet another LED panel this will be the 3rd panel checked it out and left.  Today 5/5/22 at 1800hrs the tv failed again with same problem!!!!! LED panel fail..

after further discussions with Samsung Customer Services/Technical Support again they are only prepared to offer a further repair despite my concerns and issues protestations regarding either replacement or refund. They have to follow procedure and that only allows repairs. I am now again in the hands of tv engineers who have the responsibility to say what will happen to the future of my tv. Thank you and again Samsung this is not good enough and I expected more.

0 Likes
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Ist there any way to contact Samsung UK direct without going through the Tech Support or Customer Service routes?

0 Likes
Solution
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

I have just been informed by the TV engineer that Samsung has denied a request for a replacement via the engineer and we are now going through yet another repair , this will be the 4th repair on a tv under a year old. I was informed that Samsung are to contact me direct today ! It is now 3.30 pm still no call. I was expecting this outcome. Samsung this not how you deal with customers. This TV is not fit for purpose and it’s a Samsung TV.

0 Likes
TSB01
Journeyman
Options

Hi it’s been a while since my last post. Since receiving my tv back from engineers for 5 visit to be info “no fault found” . Since getting my tv back I have further multiple issues where tv shuts down and the final insult was last Saturday when tv failed completely with same symptoms relating to screen failure. No that this tv is now out of warranty and not prepared to waste any further cash on this £1200 lemon of a Samsung TV. This lemon now resides at the local council recycling centre. As of today. Thank you Samsung for disappointing support during the past year

0 Likes