Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maybe Solved?] Nintendo Switch no longer recognized on my Q60R. Any updates in the last week?

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 11:01 AM)
Ardyne
First Poster
Options

When docking/turning my nintendo switch on Game Mode used to automatically turn on, but the "Auto" selection no longer exists. There also used to be a red Nintendo Switch icon. But now it's just a basic HDMI connection and I have to manually turn Game Mode on every single time, which I also had to change the game mode settings again to how I had them before.

Current Software version is 1351. Was there an update in the last few days to the Q60R tvs (I have it set to automatic updates)? Because it seems like it doesn't know what a Nintendo Switch is anymore. I did see that it knew what an Xbox was when I was messing with the HDMI settings but I forgot how to get back there to show you a picture.

[Edit - Possible Solution?] I totally forgot about this post. My switch is recognized now. I think you have to turn on "Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)" in external device manager, then reconnect the system/hdmi cable.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Dan_1989
Journeyman
Options

This is the same for me too, just isn't detecting it as a switch and can't understand it 

0 Likes
Ardyne
First Poster
Options

I totally forgot about this post. My switch is recognized now. I think you have to turn on "Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)" in external device manager, then reconnect the system/hdmi cable.

0 Likes
Dan_1989
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I already had Anynet+ turned on and still the same issue.
0 Likes
Ardyne
First Poster
Options

Is your tv updated to the latest version?

0 Likes
Dan_1989
Journeyman
Options
Yes I’m on 1356, thanks.
0 Likes
YagoAlfa
Explorer
Options

Hello, i have same issue with Firestick 4K since update firmware to 1356

Any solution? 

0 Likes
AlanOC91
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Has happened to me since purchasing my Q60R.

Switch is never detected properly so everyime I take it out of sleep mode the TV attempts to detect it again (and fails) which means I have to constantly do things like turn on game mode again.

PS4 Pro is fine and never had any issues.

Tried a different dock and a different HDMI cable and none helped.

Anynet is turned on too which hasn't helped. Latest TV firmware version.

Really frustrating and the only downside to the TV so far.

0 Likes
nmccabe0905
First Poster
Options

where do you find the anynet+?

0 Likes