Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer one connect cable for QN95A

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 08:49 PM)
pok0
Student
Options

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a 2021 55QN95A. It came with a 2.5 meters cable for the one connect. I was wondering if a longer cable was available and could be purchased.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

35 REPLIES 35
KevM
Apprentice
Options

I find myself in the same boat - and I have noticed that the adverts for the QN95A no longer specify the length of the cable - which they did when I ordered it.!

0 Likes
Akivatoo
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem, impossible to find a cable of 5 meters or more.
My TV will stay in the box for a few more weeks...

0 Likes
kdjernaes
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday I chatted with Samsung, and they were not able to state a release date for the 5m cable... rather disappointing considering the price tag of +2K EUR TV - would have expected availability of such cable from day one. 

I'm also keeping the TV in the box, as my setup is dependent on a longer cable. 

JoeySkye
Journeyman
Options

I have installed the TV on a 180 degree rotating bracket and I too unable to complete my installation by hiding the cable inside the wall without bending the cable and having slack too.

For your reference the one invisible cable 5m has now become the one near invisible cable 2.3m and has tripled in thickness from 0.2mm to 0.6mm not documented or illustrated by Samsung on product specifications which neither includes the dimensions of the slim one connect box which has now a larger footprint of 2.5x the size of the original one connect box.

I am angered by Samsung for the poor quality customer service for a premium product and in my case I was mislead by Samsung what I bought did not come in the box i.e the 5m cable that I was advised which my setup was based on.

I imagine your case is similar; my case has been ongoing since the 18th of April which I will contact the CEO on the poor performance Samsung has provided in resolving my case considering the 1st one  invisible cables was 15m in 2018, 10m-5m in 2019-2021 and 2.3m in 2021 is this Samsung's technology devolution ?

Joey

Angus3
First Poster
Options

I have just taken delivery of my 2021 85Q95A only to find, like everyone else in this thread, that it comes with a 2.3m cable rather than the advertised 5m cable, and on top of that, at 0.6cm it is anything but invisible.

It leave me with a problem - my amp and video sources and power are all the other side of a doorway with no way of getting them to the TV. Not happy! I either need a new cable, which it sounds as though it does not exist, or to return the TV as it is currently unusable for me.

My 2019 The Frame 65 inch TV came with a 5m 0.2cm cable, which makes sense. It allows the One Connect box to be a sensible distance from the TV and for the cable to be almost unnoticed.

I can't understand why the cable has changed. Both TVs are 4k and in theory carry the same info. The only possibility is the power being greater for a larger TV, but if that is t he case, the size increase is completely disproportionate.

To spend £5k on a TV and get short changed on a cable is very poor indeed.

If anyone knows how to get hold of someone sensible in Samsung about this, please share!

Good luck 

Akivatoo
Journeyman
Options

After a long investigation, it seems the cable be in preorder in the end of august.

0 Likes
JakeSAMS
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am looking for the cable as well. Do yu by any change know the model number that they plan to make? I cant find anything??

0 Likes
JoeySkye
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jake

I have raised a case with the resolver in regards to the one invisible connect cable that started in 2018 as fibre 0.2cm in thickness and up to 15m in length going to 0.6cm in thickness in copper to 2.3m length in 2021.

Before purchasing my 2021 55QN95A, I was advised I would be supplied with a 5m cable as standard like all the Samsung range since then I have made a log of the website the near one invisible specs has changed the description already twice.

The main point is Samsung is hiding its error unsuccessfully; my case has escalated to the Samsung CEO in the last 10 days but to date I have not received a reply which shows the poor customer service that is managed from the top.

The 5m cable in question which Samsung representatives advised me was a third-party, not a Samsung product have once again advised incorrectly failing on my expectation of Samsung Customer Service  -  https://www.samsung.com/uk/tv-accessories/one-connect-cable-vg-soca05-xc/

The issue is there is no ETA on availability, 7 months after the Neo QLED was Launched is it because it went from Fibre to copper?  With no response from Samsung,  consumers purchasing the Neo QLED range should be honoured the 5m cable as default.

Not happy with the irresponsive action of Samsung by not providing the correct facts and features of the Neo QLED that I have been questioning with no reply in the last four months, great product shame about the management of its customer services and solutions team.

Brit-BE
First Poster
Options

I was looking to buy the QE75QN95A.  Thanks to the feedback here I won’t be buying until Samsung sorts out the cable length so I can at least get 5m to replace my existing installation.  Hope the lost sale will encourage Samsung to resolve this issue quickly.

0 Likes
r8umar
First Poster
Options
Was literally about to purchase, was in my basket and everything but without the cable It's useless to me. It was probably one of the biggest reasons I was buying this tv as I don't need to feed 4 hdmis, optical and ac lead through the wall. The previous invisible cable I have on my Q7F is long enough and super thin. Shame they've gone backwards
0 Likes