Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lip sync issue on e-arc

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 12:40 PM)
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hi folks. 

I've connected a soundbar and sub woofer to my new S95B but there's a noticible luo sync issue that the expert settings aren't correcting. 

On expert sound settings I've gone into the digital output audio delay and taken it to 0 and that really makes no difference. Judging by what I'm seeing (and hearing) the setting would need to go into the minus to rectify the issue but that facility isn't available. I've connected via optical and although an improvement it's still not perfect but the TV has e-arc, I've bought 2.1 hdmi cables to use with my new sound system and would want to have all the benefits e-arc brings. 

Has anyone else has similar issues. 

Thanks 

Paul 

19 REPLIES 19
ABenj8
Apprentice
Options

Hey there - just bought a 85 Q90B and Sonos Arc. Having all sorts of issues with audio delay and arc/eArc. I don’t see Samsung doing anything about it. This appears to be issue across all 2021 and 2022 QNs with an external audio device. Too bad as I’ve got 4 other Samsungs that work! Swapping it out for a LG C2 and not looking back. If I had any confidence in Samsung response/resolution I’d keep the Samsung, but not gonna be stuck with poor audio forever. Disappointed

Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Yeah it's very disappointing indeed. Having a top.of the range TV is great but it loses that appeal totally when the sound doesn't match it. 

I've actually been forced to return my soundbar that I bought to go with it and hook up.my old one again via optical cable thus bypassing arc. 

If I'd known this was a problem I'd never have bought the TV. 

Poor form. 

0 Likes
ABenj8
Apprentice
Options

Just upgraded to LG C2 and returned Samsung QN90B. Sonos Arc connected via eArc works like a charm! No audio issues whatsoever. 

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Would any tech heads here know if this is a possible solution. 

If I purchased a hdmi splitter and connected the soundbar hdmi direct to the virgin V6 box thus bypassing the TV for sound altogether? 

There's only 1 hdmi port on the V6 and obviously that connects to the TV for video.  I'm thinking that the lip sync is the TV processing the info and sending to the soundbar with a delay. If I take the TV out of the loop for sound then surely I'm left with perfect sync?

0 Likes
Manc_Tim
Student
Options

I'm having exactly the same issue with an S50B soundbar connected to a BU8000 TV. Really frustrating and I've tried everything to correct but to no avail (expert settings, new HDMI 2.1 cable etc)

Interestingly there are no lip sync issues if I connect via Bluetooth... but then I can't use the QSymphony which also adds in the TV speakers to the soundbar ones.

I'm guessing there's no fix as yet?

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Sounding very much like a software issue on the TV to me. I know there are others experiencing this too. 

Very very frustrating when you invest in a high end TV only to find you can't match it up with a quality sound system. Thing I'm finding is that different soundbar manufacturers are producing different results. I'm currently using a Polk system (via arc not e-arc) that works perfectly but it seems it's just pure luck. You're right about Bluetooth and optical will give the same results but obviously you're then missing out on the hdmi 2.1 benefits of a top.end system which kinda defeats the purpose. 

I'm with you bud, extremely disappointing. I mean how hard would it have been to let the slider scale on sounds expert settings go into negative 10 as well as the positive 10 they have. That would have solved our issues in an instant. 

Maybe someone from Samsung will stumble across this thread and do a very simple software update eh......

0 Likes
Manc_Tim
Student
Options

So, I've fixed my issue! In the end, a factory reset of the device sorted it even before I did a software update. My guess is that I (or I suspect the soundbar may have been tried by someone else before me) inadvertently changed the manual lip-sync settings.

My guess is you will have already tried both a hard reset and software update, but just in case 🤞🤞🤞 Good luck 👍 

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Good stuff. 

Yeah tried all that. There's a really easy fix to this if Samsung could be bothered to do it. They already allow you to correct it where the sound comes before the lip but not the other way around. So if the scale starts at Zero and you push it up your issue actually gets worse. My issue is that the lip movement comes before the sound so I need it to go the other way but for a reason only known to Samsung, they don't allow that. 

Go figure. 

0 Likes
Bigfoot78
First Poster
Options
I just connected my QN95B to my Q800B via the eARC ports, using a high speed HDMI cable with ethernet, for the first time. The lip sync was off a little bit. I went in to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings, then changed the HDMI-eARC Mode from "Off" to "Auto".

Did the trick. Lip sync OK now.
0 Likes
Echoesoffloyd
Pioneer
Options

I have a similar issue on my QE43qn90B. I've just purchased a Sonos beam 2 and a Sonos Sub mini. I'm connected to the HDMI E-ARC on the TV. My understanding of HDMI E-ARC is that it should auto correct sound sync issues but clearly it's not.

I've been told by Samsung that there's a newer software update  (mine is 1430)

Not sure if the latest update would sort it but wish Samsung would solve the update problem so I could at least rule that out. 

0 Likes