Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Latest firmware on Samsung S95B - Samsung please listen!

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 01:07 PM)
midinotes
Explorer
Options

I have been really enjoying my Samsung S95B 65 inch TV, well that was until I updated it in the last couple of days with the latest firmware 1420.  Already the TV has popped up the screen optimisation messages twice in just a couple of days, the TV often takes much longer to start up out of standby and the menus feel sticky and sluggish for a short while. It's definitely not as stable as the previous firmware version and so far I cannot see any advantages over the update. 

I understand from what I've read it is not possible to downgrade the firmware back to the previous version.  I just hope Samsung is working on a fix, especially now they are releasing a successor to the S95B in such a short space of time!  

Samsung, if you do listen to these forums I'm positive there are many S95B owners that would like a fix for the latest firmware.

Simon

#SamsungS95B

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

I downloaded it from the Samsung website last week and it does seem to make the UI a little snappier which makes using Tizan almost bearable.. the best it’s going to get without Samsung giving a complete rethink anyway. Also I found that when the UI does become slow it helps to run the device care as it frees up memory etc 

0 Likes
midinotes
Explorer
Options

So far I am pleased to say that the latest OS update 1430 has improved things.  Still early days yet, but things do feel snappier, the picture looks better and no cold starts yet.  Note that at least for me the latest 1430.1 update is only available as a download from Samsung's website and not an over the air update.  Very easy though to copy it to a USB memory stick and the TV immediately launched and installed it. None of my settings were changed as a result of installing the new OS which was also good. 

Simon

Members_XvUHVQJ
First Poster
Options

I agree, 1430 made the UI bearable... it's not perfect but its better than it was before.

Coming from the QN95A from last year, the UI was just at the bottom and was so much easier to navigate, somehow they managed to make this full screen mess.

Samsung, just ditch Tizen and get Google TV OS as it works like a charm.

Your ego is annoying, back in the day you tried to have Tizen as Smartphone and failed miserably, you did that with your watches and failed miserably, just take the hint and move to a stable and reliable OS from Google.

You are great with hardware and prices... leave SW alone as you REALLY don't know how to deal with SW.

If you still think you want it to look like Sammy experience then add a skin on top as you do with your Mobile phones, but kill TIZEN for once, it's *****

0 Likes
PQueS
Apprentice
Options

I guess I'm the lone voice. I still have my Tizen OS watch and like it much better than the WearOS version (other than app availability). The WearOS was a downgrade IMO, but it's getting better.  

Point? 

Not sure it's a Tizen issue. The older Tizen UI was smoother and had a better layout. The new version takes some getting used to. 

0 Likes
Leerolph
Pioneer
Options

I've got no issues with it now since I've uninstalled Samsung TV Plus which I never used anyway.

It must have been a resource hog.  

0 Likes
Colsen27
First Poster
Options
I've just downloaded 1503 firmwear. Works very well. Had to do it via USB.
0 Likes