Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do i freesat on my new smart tv;

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 05:14 PM)
Mich93
First Poster
Options

Hi my new samsung television has FREESAT , model QE43QN90A…. Do i need a satellite dish to tune into it? 
also if i move to Sky broadband would i be able to get that on this tv without a satellite dish

Thanks mich

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mich93  you  need  a satellite dish  to use the Freesat service. whilst there are on demand services available via the internet customers need the dish/receiver  for the  Tv service. Your ISP does not make a difference.  You will not need a set top Box obviously though. see more details here https://www.freesat.co.uk/news/tech/what-you-need-for-freesat 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Also if you have Freeview working with a FULL complement of channels via terrestrial aerial you really aren't missing out. We have Freesat because there's only a relay Freeview transmission here with 16 basic channels instead of the full list.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mich93  you  need  a satellite dish  to use the Freesat service. whilst there are on demand services available via the internet customers need the dish/receiver  for the  Tv service. Your ISP does not make a difference.  You will not need a set top Box obviously though. see more details here https://www.freesat.co.uk/news/tech/what-you-need-for-freesat 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Also if you have Freeview working with a FULL complement of channels via terrestrial aerial you really aren't missing out. We have Freesat because there's only a relay Freeview transmission here with 16 basic channels instead of the full list.
0 Likes
Parkmanto
First Poster
Options

Anyone know how to get the freesat channel listing to make any sense in terms of order and why there is no BB1 or 2 in HD?

0 Likes
Members_fdhwzDj
First Poster
Options

Does this TV accept a signal from a wideband SKY Q LNB ?

0 Likes
freetvsat info
First Poster
Options

hi i am sure i am in the wrong area but i have sky q, and a 10 year old samsung tv, its fine but i was wondering if there was a reasonably good replacement for the sky tv, ie, do i have ro to to give back the dish and can a dvr be connected so that i could record normal tv, i get that i would lose things like sky atlantic and other sky specific channels, can i keep netflix discovery plus amazon prime etc.....

i was hoping that someome may be able to tell me what i will lose and the cost savings, can ikeep my landline/broadband fibre.... how much would a smart tv android...compatible with all ive mentioned set me back........

how hard is it to set this up/any advice would be really appreciated.

ta in advance.xxxx