Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

(Topic created on: 30-04-2022 03:51 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

JunkJunk

As you can see the above apps won't allow me to delete them.

We have strong views about some of these apps and i don't want our family to have to deal with them on our new expensive smart tv.

We wish to delete them all. Specifically the pay for view cinema apps.

Failing that we need to stop the pay for view cinema app from endlessly  playing when you select live tv.

Not everything it shows is to our liking and it's a temptation to make purchases for the family and leads to arguments.  Its eye candy infront of babies.  Seriously wtf samsung.

When I choose live tv I don't want it to default to these junk channels.

Can anyone help us block the automatic viewing or delete them entirely  ?

We certainly didn't pay less for the tv to put up with advertising in our living room which we don't accept on our other devices.

Ps here's a link of samsung claiming all apps can be removed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgnvolFT24

65 REPLIES 65
First Poster
Options

I am so disappointed to see spyware and bloatware on my new TV, I wish I could return it ASAP and get another brand, unfortunately we have no law in my country that allows me to do that. I can't even find apps that I want on this trash, money wasted.

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options

hi there you are not alone and i dont get why more people are kicking up after paying out thousands!!! BUT there are ways round. Do not Google : 'hack smart tv to remove ads'.  as it will give you ideas on what you can do though I am not in any way endorsing it and be aware you might effect your warranty do dont do this but i cant tell you what to do.

0 Likes
AEKWLSJFDHBLJBS
Journeyman
Options

To be honest, that just sounds like a manufacturer's response. The first thing I did was to Google "hack smart tv to remove ads", as it's a) what I want to do and b) warranties are worth about as much as the paper they're written on. My solution: Next time I buy a TV, it WILL NOT BE A SAMSUNG, as they bloat their TVs with crappy apps you cannot delete. I'll vote with my wallet.

0 Likes
Members_rCLK5RB
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung QN95B  Qled 55" tv for £1499 and I cannot believe this ***** loaded onto my tv.  Every time I turn it on it defaults to Rakatuen or itvx and I get inappropriate adverts for my little granddaughter to see.

Here is the UK complaints page: Complaints 

I want it gone.   I did a bit of delving and found this combination of buttons to bring up the service menu: Power Off TV then press: Info + Settings + Mute + Power.

Then drilling down to this page I get this:IMG_20221221_111739.jpg

IMG_20221221_111820.jpg

Not quite sure what I need to do next any suggestions welcome.

I could always change these url's to my own defunct website I suppose.   I don't know what affect that may have on the firmware, probably stuff the tv completely.

0 Likes
Options

Do it. Whats the worst that can happen? This TV of mine is the only reason I gave up on samsung completely. I even offered to buy my parents and wife new phones so that they didnt continue buying samsungs.

0 Likes
huey45
First Poster
Options

Being honest I have have my Samsung 55" Smart TV for less than a Week, the Tizen OS is aweful, I bought it believing it was a good TV, now I am Seriously thinking of selling it, yes I will lose some money on the Sale, I really detest Smart Hub with a passion, the only apps I use are Netflix and Plex, if I cannot remove all the Bloatware thats Pre Installed and Samsung Cannot or Wont help me, its Going, and will go back to my LG Series...Wake up Samsung, I need help to rid Smart Hub...

0 Likes