Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP Problems

(Topic created on: 03-04-2022 04:06 PM)
Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

I have an issue with a UE50TU8000KXXU TV got it new Dec 2020 has been working fine, until the new Sky Q box turned up Friday, it wont work with my TV it says  "This screen does not support  HDCP. Try reconnecting your HDMI cable or use a different screen" so Ive tried 6 HDMI cables   1 being a certified 8K new one, all the same message, got onto Samsung support 2 hours of playing around with my TV remotely he said its broken and needs a repair man.

I'm not convinced its broken I feel its more a Firmware update needed to support HDCP 2.2 ( firmware updated to latest version and checked by Samsung)

So has anybody had similar with this TV and Sky Q?

or has anybody got a fix.

thanks for reading

Paul

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for support, sadly cant get a picture on long enough to start any navigation of Sky menu's the screen flashes for about 0.5 sec I had to video it on my phone just to read it.

Currently got a Sky Mini box on my TV which I understand to be only HD output which is fine, The TV is 4k and Samsung said it should work with the Sky Q in UHD

0 Likes
Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Thats a good idea, I will give it a go, down tune it then plug it back in 🙂

I will try that tomorrow when the wifes out lol

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Paul629  There have been a few threads on similar issues.  

Sorry you have had issues with Samsung and the Q Box.   I have the same set up myself but have  had not had many problems.  Sometimes removing the power cable for 30 seconds sorts it.   Just checking that you have UHD colour or Input Signal Plus turned on for the appropriate port. Do you have latest  TV firmware  2200.9 ?  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50TU8000KXXU/ 

However in some cases  people do need to reboot Q Box and also possibly Tv  changing HDMI cable obviously has not had desired effect , I had this issue once but changing cable fixed it for me.  once back in Q system go to Settings-Audio Visual-Picture Resolution, set Resolution for UHD  and Find it For Me.  Obviously  some have more problems than others and appreciate the frustrations.    From my understanding there have been more problems with the first generation Boxes, now and those Boxes with external power supply work better, however obviously you will have a modern system.       Some customers have found that issues happen  less often if they change the ECO setting to None but would still need to put the Box into standby manually. Changing HDMI control option has had an effect for some customers too.

However there was information a  little while ago  that there is an compatibility problem with the One Connect Box   and whilst they do work ok together the tuning of the distribution of the One Connect Box (q part of it) needs resetting at times. Upon checking though the TU800- does not have the One Connect Box though.  I have Sky Q  2 TB Box and Samsung Tv (without the One Connect)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Hi James,

Thanks for your thought on this, So I just connected my PC monitor to the Sky Q which it picked up ok, this enabled me to adjust the settings, alterd the HDMI control to off, plugged it back into TV (both TV and Sky off at wall)

switch TV and Sky on Tv has latest Firmware port set to UHD colour still no joy.

got the Sky Q mini from upstairs plugged it in found it fine on the TV but as its only a 1080p maybe thts why it works.

Maybe the TV is bust after all or would and HDCP converter fix I've seen a HDCP2.2 to 1.4 online and wondering if that would sort it, or get a repair man in to look at it.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

great plan, I was able to adjust the settings and retry, sadly the new settings didnt fix it but I now have a way of checking what the sky q box is outputing.

Thx

Paul

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Paulo629 Hi Paul, ok thank you for confirming. Does the Skyq Box not even work at 1080p, though obviously this would not be any good for UHD content?

I would think it would be best to have a professional look at first,have noticed the HDCP convertors mind you..

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Hi James,

It works at 1080 on my PC monitor but nothing on the TV even pressing Home 1 0 8 0 home on the sky remote to force it into 1080, really frustrating, will contact the repair service that Samsung recommends today.

Thanks

Paul

Paul629
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have tried all 3 HDMI ports but no joy on any of them, I contacted a repair center recommended by Samsung and they quoted £200 for the main PCB replacement, well that's half the price of the TV itself, looks like I will be trying the 2.2 to 1.4 HDCP converter just need to research a good one.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Paul629  Thanks for the update,could try the HDCP convertor for now. If still issues depends whether repair cost effective,would be more of a case for a new TV though if it were an older model.

0 Likes