Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half screen faded black in Samsung 55" Class NU7300 Curved Smart 4K UHD TV MODEL NUMBER: UN55NU7300FXZA

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 11:09 PM)
anks22
Apprentice
Options

I bought a samsung 55" Class NU7300 Curved Smart 4K UHD TV (MODEL NUMBER: UN55NU7300FXZA)  last year in May 2019 and in just 1.5 yrs the screen has turned black from right hand side. 

When i approached samsung support, they are demanding $300 to fix it. A lot of people have reported this issue and it seems like a product issue but still they are charging hefty sum of money to fix it. This is really pathetic service from Samsung Company. If they don't fix it at a lesser price, i am not going to buy any samsung product ever in my life. 

screen faded black from right hand sidescreen faded black from right hand side

is it something which i can try to fix on my own ?

8 REPLIES 8
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi
The company you purchased from should have warranty for the TV.
anks22
Apprentice
Options

Samsung offers only 1 year warranty

anks22
Apprentice
Options

I bought a samsung 55" Class NU7300 Curved Smart 4K UHD TV (MODEL NUMBER: UN55NU7300FXZA)  last year in May 2019 and in just 1.5 yrs the screen has turned black from right hand side. 

When i approached samsung support, they are demanding $300 to fix it. A lot of people have reported this issue and it seems like a product issue but still they are charging hefty sum of money to fix it. This is really pathetic service from Samsung. If they don't fix it at a lesser price, i am not going to buy any samsung product ever in my life. 

I am going to go to consumer forum to report this issue (https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints) and encourage everyone in this thread to file this compain. Samsung is just playing around with our hard earned money by deliberately introducing this defect. 

Erap
First Poster
Options

this just happened to my tv bought it from costco

Sams8ngscams
Journeyman
Options

Same here!! Less than a year old, contacted them during start of pandemic to no avail.  Certain states have consumer safety laws just for this type of thing. Like NJ, I saw someone actually a bunch of people to the AG. When I googled the issue without any structure, just words of how it looked. My confusion after every troubleshooting method performed  turned to WOW OK this is a curved screen issue? The point of over spending on a tv from Walmart at that cost for Samsung to find out NO BLUETOOTh built in?! Sales people rushing, parents I wanted to sell to Walmart being rush rush when they aren’t understanding the questions are what cs should help with. The dudes don’t know I’m telling them how do they selll this tv for 1K or more and my moms 40 inch from 2016 has Bluetooth. They skipped just this model.   The process isn’t only how the black out of half the screen, it does this glitch split screen thing. I’m noticing on my dads 50 inch with zero curve. Cheaper Samsung tv but has Bluetooth. gifts. The fact that Samsung manufacturers this model, I. Mean we have a ton of phones too that just go deadman. It’s astonishing, it’s charging , screen unblemished not has no visuals yet I hear all the notification dings back to back. Problem, having allergic reaction to antibiotics after major mouth surgery. dings=dr that was advising me or trying to which happens to be my cousins wife which created a riff being I missed the appt next due to a phone that just goes ehhhh f it. Same as tv, no one called. I’m savy as I don’t give up. I’ll figure it out. This was so dark the tv I was having trouble adjusting settings following of course the Samsung “step by step”. Some states like NJ. Protect their people from this sort of thing. I know the GOV, including a bunch of other helpful wonderful beings. A year warranty isn’t actually a contract or an agreement we make with Samsung. Walmart is selling the tv, not Samsung. Retailer never discussed any sort of contractual agreement as per the law, including Samsung’s nice little page they think will fly as a mutual agreement. Consumer fraud protection laws after reading every ahhh  bill, amendments, the grey areas and what they pertain to. #CLASS ACTION TIME, I know the way, the paperwork I can submit in minutes, if we have all these same issue especially during the pandemic, as a slick way of gouging costumers that expect a certain level of service, understanding, including products that aren’t blowing up, catching fire, screen blacks out half, cells that decide a few months in, ehh visuals aren’t needed. But we did say the notifications and dings coming in shows that then agreement 0f service is ,we?! 

there is a ton of us I’ve watched and heard, with overall oh yeahhh! People who aren’t taking their nonsense. NJ ag? I’ll file the class action. Everyone else needs to assist. A firm will for sure take it on, being all the people aren’t being searched out. We are waiting in line, needing, asking for help. The more data of issues, and complaints from action people they can be provided with ahead of time they will have most the job done. Be the change ? That’s my life, whose In? Few -months in and I was shocked at people’s, I mean you guys same issue. They bend the curve into tv after it’s been assembled. Flat Tv + Bending the curve into it after the fact it’s ready to go= FAIL, Grossly negligent to the standards of this country. No one fighting for us, no leaders, just a opportunity to allow these insane 1 year contracts ( which don’t include this issue btw, still costs technicians who over the phone? I’m assuming being I paged them for remote help. Still waiting since Feb which they know most of us won’t let anyone in our homes during this time. This allows them to take advantage of a devastating time. We pay for quality, expecting it to work. Months, weeks, under a year, a bit over a year all during a time where we are quarantined which allows Samsung’s shrewd and shameful business practices to ride along. 

daisyrich
First Poster
Options
Mine has done the same and I only bought it a month ago. Called Samsung to be told to call the place we bought it and then the place we bought it from told us to call samsung. just getting passed around with no help.

20210102_140842_8370.jpg

20210102_140846_8371.jpg

Mikebamber27
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact issue. It just started happening all of a sudden. The T.V. has not been touched or moved. No support to help what so ever from Samsung, just being told we have to pay to have it fixed. It’s clearly a manufacturing issue as so many people are having this issue. Samsung need to address this issue and do something about these poorly built products rather then just passing it on to the buyers. I’m not buying a Samsung product ever again. 

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Then u will need to buy a new one
0 Likes