Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Guide button stopped working

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 08:10 PM)
pash02
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have a QE50QN94A 

The guide button on the standard  samsung remote control that came with the TV  has stopped working all the other buttons  work fine.

The Tv is only a few months old.

Help please

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@pash02: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Is the button sticking at all when you press it? Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote to see if this helps? Please be aware that the Guide button will only work with broadcasts received via a terrestrial aerial connection, and won't work with any external devices you have connected to the TV. 

If the TV is only a few months old, then you do have the option of reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange a warranty replacement remote. To do this, head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel. Please have proof of purchase to hand, as this will be required to to authenticate your ownership. In the meantime, you can access the Guide by clicking in the channel up/down button on the Smart Remote, or heading to Home > Live TV > Guide. You can also utilise the Voice Assistant feature by pressing the microphone button on the Smart Remote and saying "Guide". I hope this helps. 

bob8638
First Poster
Options
Yea I had the same problem and bought a new remote 😐
0 Likes
Members_0HO0gw7
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a neo qled TV is about 9 months old and have 2 remotes that the guide button has stopped working and have tried 2 other Samsung TV remotes that the guide button works on the tv's they are for  and all the buttons work on my neo just not the guide button 

0 Likes
pash02
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ya 

What i was told by Samsung is to reset the tv.

What i have found to work is to turn off the TV and unplug it for say 10 minutes (like you would with your router) or more and turn the TV back on and everything works fine again.

Hope this helps 

0 Likes
0Steve
Apprentice
Options

Mine is a days old The Frame. Remote buttons seem OK but using Terrestrial TV, right or left on the right do not bring up anything (including, access to the Freeview guide).

My TV: The Frame 65" - QA65LS03BAWXXY
0 Likes