Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame TV - Blank Sleep Options - Totally Frustrated ! Do Samsung support ever fix anything ???

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 05:42 PM)
CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options

As a loyal Samsung customer my view of Samsung is seriously under question.

I purchased a 55inch from TV  from Richer Sounds in the UK in November 2023. I have phoned Samsung Support 14 times. When in ART mode the TV will turn off when I leave the room but does not come back on automatically when I re-enter the room. Richer Sounds have been brilliant and replaced the TV. The second TV arrived on the 31st January, 2024. The new TV has the same problem. In addition, when I go to Sleep options the dialogue box is displayed blank with no options.  (See attached picture). I have now waited 3 days for a response from Samsung with no success. Has anyone else had the this problem ? Does anyone know of a resolution to this problem ? Any help will be much appreciated. - HELP !Screenshot_20240130-093747_Samsung Internet.jpg 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

Finally, I can confirm the problem is now resolved. It required version 1622.4 to be applied to my TV. In addition, the automatic sleep mode when you leave the room and automatic wake up when you re-enter the room, only works when you are displaying 1 picture. If you are displaying several pictures consequently then the feature does not work. 

The blank sleep option dialogue box issue has also been resolved.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
suirad
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem. The problem is in the software. 
Everything was fine with firmware (1110.3).
After updating the firmware (1602.2) the Art mode stopped working fine :(
ok.jpg
no.jpg

0 Likes
suirad
Apprentice
Options

All Art mode settings can be accessed through the mobile application

apps.jpg

CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options

Thanks For your reply.

I spoke to Samsung support yesterday as they never phoned me back in the 1-2 days that they said they would. They told me that engineers were working on the problem and there should be an update in the next 3-7 days. I am on Software version 1602.2. They also offered  to replace the TV again not sure what that would do to resolve the issue unless they could guarantee a different firmware/hardware version.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options

Many Thanks for your suggestion. I will try the app route.

Dave

0 Likes
suirad
Apprentice
Options
 Answer from Samsung support:
The technical department informed that the problem is known
and will be resolved with the next software update later this month.
0 Likes
CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options
Many thanks for your message. That's good news. Where/how did you get this from Samsung support ?

Thanks again
Dave
0 Likes
Teoni Valois
First Poster
Options

Same problem here as well. Fortunately the app option provided above solved the issue for me.

0 Likes
Marco925
First Poster
Options

1000068468.jpg

 I facing the same problem even though my TV is only three weeks old. 

0 Likes
CyclingMaster
Journeyman
Options
Yeh, Samsung support have told me there is a new version available. However, they have sent me the wrong link via email for me to download and install manually as it could be months before receiving it via the automated update option. They have also sent me a USB stick through the post also with the wrong version for my TV. They have also offered to replace my TV but to me it will be pointless because they replaced the TV I purchased in Nov 2023 with one in January 2024. Nightmare but I am not giving up I will try and speak to someone senior in Samsung UK is my next plan of attack.
0 Likes