Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 2020 "Grandma Mode"

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 11:29 AM)
Didrik
Student
Options

Just bought a 2020 The Frame for my grandmother. How do I set up the TV to be more "Grandma friendly"?

She uses a digital cable receiver for TV, and it's connected to HDMI 1. The problem is that when the TV turns ON (or wakes from art-mode), she needs to select input, instead of just switching to hdmi1 automaticly, which is confusing for her.
The input "TV" is also confusing, since it does not work for her, and is a completly other thing. Can other inputs be disabled?

The start screen also has to many options for her. She has no idea what all the other apps are, and will never use them. Can they be remove them from the start screen?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
kjdaco
Explorer
Options
You can remove any of the apps that are not needed. Simply move to the App you want to remove and press and hold the select button. This will show a menu with two options, Move and Remove. Select Remove and the App will disappear from the Menu bar.
0 Likes
Didrik
Student
Options

Thank you for that. I have now removed the excess applications from the menu for her, but it is still a bit confusing for her.

Is there any way to auto select input and power on that input? Rather than her having to press "right", and then "center" on the remote to open the application/source.

0 Likes