Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit to screen

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 04:41 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , the fit to screen option is set to auto on my ue50au9000 tv and I noticed on a film that it cut off the top of heads , is it supposed to be set to auto ?? I've turned it to on and the screen is now less zoomed in , I presume it's individual preference?? Or should it be on auto ??? Thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Edgie70 In the Fit To Screen Mode Full Screen should be displayed without cutting images from any side.    Auto is the Automatic Setting but may not always work as intended.  Think it is a case of whatever works best.  In some modern films due to the Aspect Ratio there will be black Bars at the Top and Bottom of screen.  These can be removed in HDMI connections by zooming in,likely trade off in quality though and possible something could be missed from the side.

Some information on Picture Settings in this article https://technastic.com/samsung-tv-picture-size-settings-Picture Settings 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thank you for your reply , I've got fit to screen turned on at the moment, I find it gives more details at the sides 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hiya James , turned on " fit to screen " but when ever I turn on the tv it defaults back to " auto " so I've had to change the setting of " 16:9 or custom or 4:3 " to custom and that seems to keep it as I set it , not sure why leaving it on 16:9 makes it default back to auto though 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right not ideal,however as long as the custom setting is fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes