Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Netflix

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 10:45 AM)
Ultimatum
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I’m hoping someone can help, I currently have a Samsung Q9F 2018 paired with a Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar (Hw-k850). 

I’m struggling to get Dolby Atmos on Netflix and Disney plus to work. Soundbar is connected via HDMI via ARC. When I select DD+ in the TV sound settings sound just stops. All content that is meant to be atmos shows as 5.1 on Netflix. 

I’ve tried searching here and the wider internet but to no avail. I have read that Samsung TV apps for Netflix and Disney no longer support Atmos? But I’ve also seen other Samsung owners are able to get Atmos on Netflix. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Milky
Journeyman
Options

I had a similar problem. I purchased an Amazon fire tv cube which played Atmos content. Connect to hdmi port 1 or 2 and watch Netflix through this, as you already have a Netflix account. Only problem is your soundbar might only have 2 hdmi ports and an arc port, so I am in the process of purchasing a hdmi switcher which pass through Dolby atmos costs less than £20. Or just switch cable manually with device your not using at the time (ie DVD player). 

0 Likes
Delandis
First Poster
Options

I made a similar post just now, I am using a different soundbar and only have the issue in Disney+ currently. Atmos works OK for me in Netflix so you should be able to get this to work. Did you check whether your TV supports eARC? I think you need this to enable atmos and as you mention you have a 2018 model it might be too dated to support atmos pass-through. 

In a way it feels a bit of a waste of money to purchase an additional media player after spending a large amount of money on a TV that should have smart functionality, but if there are no other ways to solve it I'll look into it as well. Indeed I'm lacking a port as well due to a few game consoles and the soundbar wasting one port. Could you tell me which hdmi splitter you're getting that supports atmos & 4k pass through? 

0 Likes
Milky
Journeyman
Options

I am going to try the Befen 4k 60hz switch Amazon choice £17.89. Amazon fire tv cube is currently £110

(Update ) the switch worked with cube . Did not work with Sky Q though. 

0 Likes