Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos compatible Apps with QLED 2018 (QXFN)?

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 11:07 AM)
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

Hi, I just got a HWQ90R ver 1008.0 (despite i promised myself never buying any other samsung product after the nepharious support for the QLEDs... but it was the best soundbar and the issues with the TVs seems not to happen with the soundbars...). 

Well, I want to try some dolby atmos content with my QE65Q7FN (Firmware  ver 1290.4), but I seem to not be able to see any: Not in Netflix (long post about this in this very forum), Apple TV, Rakuten, Amazon Prime....... I know I have everything correctly set-up with Dolby Digital+ selected and all with an HDMI cable (the one that comes with the soundbar) connected via ARC.

Is there any app with Dolby Atmos content compatible with 2018 TVs? If not, what the hell do we have to do to make Samsung improve this? We are talking about High-end TVs from... ONE YEAR AGO!!!!!! Which obviously support compressed Dolby Atmos via ARC with Dolby Digital+ (I am not even asking for Dolby TrueHD with eARC... I knew we did not have that). 

For Samsung moderators, I will insist: TV is a QE65Q7FN with 1290.4 Firmware and Soundbar is the HWQ90R with the 1008.0 version.

1 REPLY 1
Xiano
Apprentice
Options

Any solution to this yet? I have a qe65q9fn and looking at geting the hwq96r

0 Likes