Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED Q70 Set top box not recognised.

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 08:24 AM)
DmDm123
Pathfinder
Options

So far Samsung havent answered my enqiries so wonder if the community can help.

I have a new QLED 70 TV  which does not recognise my set top box.I have tried switching cables and input ports.If I turn on Input signal plus then I can get a picture but no sound .I then have to turn iInput signal plus off again in order to get sound.If I dont do this I get a pale purple screen.  The set top box works fine on my other TV and the Qled recognises other devices.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@DmDm123: Did you set the TV's resolution prior to connecting the set top box, as it may be the case that the external device doesn't support the resolution? If you go to Home > Source > Connection Guide > Video Device, and follow the on screen instructions, are you able to resolve the issue?
0 Likes
DmDm123
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks.for your reply.I can not see the option to change screen resolution through that  process. 

I can change screen resolution using the set top  box menu with no difference.

The television will display a full picture with sound if I only follow rhe above steps.

If I reactivate Input signal plus   I can get a picture  only on boot up with no sound.To get picture and sound and have to activate and then deactivate input signal plus each time the set top box  is turned on.Does you have any thoughts on what role Input signal plus has in this

0 Likes