Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Problem After Boot Loop

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 03:03 PM)
Dzeniel
First Poster
Options

As the title says, this morning my Tv went into a boot loop by itself for no apparent reason. After trying numerous options to somehow reset it or access a menu I’ve successfully turned it on, but now at the bottom of the display there is an area of about 3 centimeters where there are lines going all the way from left to right, 1-2 of them are black and the rest are white but barely visible and sometimes twitching.

How could something like this affect my display? I even tried a factory reset but to no avail, the problem is still there. 

The boot loop I had was one I only found on a thread here and the owner said he fixed it by changing the power cable inside the Tv(Tv turns on and off every few seconds, only black screen with some faint backlight appearing)

I don’t understand what could cause a display issue when there was no physical damage.

The said Tv is model: GQ75Q80AATXZG , a 2021 model, not with a Neo processor and I think only made for Germany

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page may be helpful to you

Lines on Samsung TV screen

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/smart-tv-there-are-horizontal-vertical-lines-on-th...

If still under warranty on tv
You could try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
Dzeniel
First Poster
Options

Nothing from the thread you gave me works for me, I’m still trying other methods. As for the picture test, my problem is visible in all of them. Tried unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in, but given that I only have an hdmi for my PS I couldn’t see how that would matter anyway, because as It might be implied, my lines show all the time no matter on what menu or source I am.

Indeed I still have warranty, I can still take it back to the store I got it from and they’ll try anything to fix it no worries, but given it’s so huge it would be an awful time to take it down from the wall, put it back in the box, find a car to fit it in and after I leave it for the repairs, wait a minimum 3 weeks to be brought back, I’m trying to avoid that as much as possible 

0 Likes
Dzeniel
First Poster
Options

Nothing from the thread you gave me works for me, I’m still trying other methods. As for the picture test, my problem is visible in all of them.

Tried unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in, but given that I only have an hdmi for my PS I couldn’t see how that would matter anyway, because as It might be implied, my lines show all the time no matter on what menu or source I am.

Indeed I still have warranty, I can still take it back to the store I got it from and they’ll try anything to fix it no worries, but given it’s so huge it would be an awful time to take it down from the wall, put it back in the box, find a car to fit it in and after I leave it for the repairs, wait a minimum 3 weeks to be brought back, I’m trying to avoid that as much as possible.

0 Likes