Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

„Disappearing“ free art on the frame

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 12:11 PM)
Simon0212
First Poster
Options

Hello,

we had the frame (65 inch, 2019) since 2.5 years now, and are pretty happy so far. However, one thing is happening over the last months that I do wanted to ask about:

the free art in the „Samsung collection“ is slowly disappearing. When we got the tv there were something like 20 pictures in 2 collections (10 in contemporary, ca. 10 in classical). While the contemporary collection is still the same, the classical ones are down to one single piece remaining, everything else is gone.

is this normal?

best and thanks

simon

8 REPLIES 8
k80b
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Same TV (65 inch frame, 2019, purchased July 2019, in Canada). The Samsung Collection is now down to only 1 classical piece (Gauguin's Still Life with Head Shaped Vase...). Previously, the  Samsung Collection classical pieces included the following 9 other pieces: Degas' Ballet Rehearsal on Stage, Monet's Garden at Sainte-Adresse, Bierstadt's Valley of the Yosemite, Klimt's Fulfillment, Munch's Train Smoke, Monet's Water Lillies, Pissarro's Boulevard Montmarte, Cezanne's Mont Sainte-Victoire with Large Pine..., and Klimt's oberosterreichisches Bauernhaus. All 10 contemporary pieces are still available. My favourites (selected from both the Art Store and the Samsung Collection) have also been reset / wiped.

On SmartThings, I can still see the names and previews for all 10 classical paintings on my phone, but when I click 'Set on the Frame' the TV picture refreshes but does not load the selected classical art (when I try with one of the contemporary pieces, it works).

I have previously paid for the monthly Art Store subscription, but cancelled it earlier in 2022. The Samsung Collection continued to work after that. It has only been recently that the classical works disappeared.

Does anyone have a solution?

Teknozari
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
spacegoret
First Poster
Options

As of February 2023, the free content can be found under the "Complimentary" section on my 2022 Frame TV.

MrDinB
First Poster
Options

The section is there but the number of free pieces went down. Specifically, there is no longer a single complimentary classic art piece. 

0 Likes
Danvannie
First Poster
Options

In regards to the Complimentary Art, aka the free art

Per a chat support, "Upon checking the details with the team the complimentary artwork section will be expired after sometime instead of classics you will be the different categories to avail."

I had the issue of the Classics category under the complimentary art disappear after an update. 

Per Support chat again " .... The art work will change automatically if there is a update" " As the Classics categories is not available on the TV that's mean the Art work is expired" 

So say bye bye to the free art. 

0 Likes
L Marsh
First Poster
Options

What a joke, I have had the frame Tv for 1-2months and the free art has already disappeared! I paid a decent amount to buy this additional feature. To “lose artwork” seems utterly stupid. I even researched this and thought well at least there are some default artworks to trial and experience in different parts of the day. Very disappointed in you Samsung.

0 Likes
L Marsh
First Poster
Options

What’s more frustrating is my internet was down and u cannot select the complimentary pieces without network connection! You got to be kidding me!

0 Likes
L Marsh
First Poster
Options

Thanks I thought I was going crazy…disappointing!

0 Likes