Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting the wrong device.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 11:11 PM)
Kev043
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, I've had a QE49Q67RATXXU since December 2019, the problem I've been having is I have a SkyQ box connected to hdmi1 and that gets detected correctly as a SkyQ device but I have a Raspberry Pi4 with libreELEC media player software installed on it on hdmi2 and it keeps getting detected as the wrong device which is annoying!! every time I power the Raspberry Pi on it keeps saying detecting device, it always finds the wrong device, it picks my Amazon Firestick up as an AppleTV is there a way to turn off the auto detect? I've turned off Anynet+ but that doesn't seem to help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Kev043
Apprentice
Options

The TV keeps detecting my Raspberry Pi4 as a Sky device, is there any way to turn this auto detect off? Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Kev043
Apprentice
Options

Could someone let me know if I can turn off the hdmi auto detect using the button combination on my TV? Samsung please allow a settings to turn this off it's really starting to do my head in. Thank you.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
From what I've been reading if you select the wrong device, when it doesn't work you should get a manual option to select a device. Does this work?
0 Likes
Wescu
First Poster
Options

What a pain, thought Samsung would do better with this. Mine kept autodetecting the wrong device, kept saying Sky New Zealand after I unplugged the Foxtel and FetchTV no matter what I did after I changed over to new HDMI cables.

Finally I unplugged power cord and HDMI cord to each device. Plugged back in the HDMI cables and the power too, and the QN85A TV couldn't detect them automatically. I guess the devices taking time to boot up wouldn't let it autodidact.

After a while, it would say to manually select the device and I was able to set it correctly.

What a waste of time stuffing around. Expecting a bit better from Samsung, even though everything else is perfect so far.

0 Likes