Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Default channel

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 03:24 PM)
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

My LE32A656A1F always defaults to Channel 16 (shopping channel) when it is turned on. Is there any way of either a) changing the default (to say Ch 1) or b) making it come on at the last channel viewed before it is turned off?

0 Likes
Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
dexterlindo
First Poster
Options
samsung tv channel
0 Likes
Mistert48
Apprentice
Options

? Is that a question or.........?

0 Likes
Kokobizzle
First Poster
Options

I found a video on youtube!!! https://youtu.be/kwoe2R9KrZE

I haven't tried it but all comments on video said it worked there is a secret service menu bro these mfers are all top secret lol my TV just starts on static it socks and it's loud but in the secret menu you can change everything to start your TV however you want

Hope this helps

0 Likes
LMcC
First Poster
Options

Fixed it!!! I was having the same issue, only in my case my TV always turned on to a Spanish telenovela. I called Samsung tech support, and they remoted in and fixed this. The fix is actually fairly easy -- you just remove the Samsung TV app. This is of course a problem if you actually use the app, but it seems like most people don't. The other downside is that my TV splash screen alarmingly now says "No Source." But, pushing the home button comes up with the usual app list, and they work. 

0 Likes
Default channel
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, but with a different channel popping up. I did find a way to at least get the tv to default to Netflix (or any other app). With the TV on, choose Settings on the remote. Then select General>Smart Features>Autorun Last App. That way the tv will default to the last app you used. Better for me than the annoying channel that keeps showing up.

Jan O
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung QLED Q90 TV two years ago and just started having same issue with different channel default.  I do t have the same menu you referenced but if you get the smart hub display, you can try toggling it to the left to settings > general > smart features > deselect auto run Samsung TV plus then turn tv off.  To reboot tv & turn on, press and hold the on button until you see the QLED start screen.  It should now default to last channel watched.  If you don’t have the same menu or earlier version TV, you can try calling Samsung customer service for help for alternate method to do same.

0 Likes
Paul in Lincoln
First Poster
Options

YES!  I did this too and it solved the problem!!

0 Likes
SDK1
Journeyman
Options

Just looking back on this and now I don't feel so alone.. Our new Frame 55" always goes to pictures/artwork and then we have to navigate to the left hand options and then choose terrestrial TV - can some one point me in the right direction so we can just turn on the tV and it will just operate as a TV?

0 Likes
LinnyH
First Poster
Options
My TV has just started to go to BBC1 when I switch on it also asks which region I want. Why has it started doing this?
0 Likes